Groups

Problem with Vodafone discount with HTC desire. Need help please.

Hi,
    Hope someone can help with a problem i am having with Vodafone.

SHORT VERSION:

A friend of mine allowed me to use his staff discount to get 30% off a HTC Desire contract 2 months ago but the discount hasn’t taken effect and as of a few weeks ago my friend no longer works there.
    Vodafone are saying as he no longer works there there’s nothing they can do so I would like to know were I stand and help would be appreciated.

MORE DETAIL:

My online account says that there IS a discount on my account but it’s a "household" discount which apparently is for people who have been with Vodafone a long time and should be a £5 discount.
    Although it says there is a discount on my account, the amount i am paying is the standard amount (NOT £5 less) and i am not getting any extra in minutes, txts or internet....... So there isn’t any difference!
    The guy in the shop thinks that instead of giving the staff discount, my friend has selected a different discount by accident and the system has recognized that i am not eligible for it so have not applied it.

Vodafone are saying tough luck basically and My family are saying to me that I have taken the contract out with Vodafone so there fore they have to honor the discount agreed even though it was just verbally agreed and I have nothing in writing (I do have my friends word though.)..... Is this right and is there anything that can back this up?

Again, any help will be appreciated.

8 Comments

were you eligible to have the discount? i.e could he give so many away to friends? i was allowed 10 for friends and family 50% i just had to notify the network. If it was legit and your eligible then i would go back into store and say the contract was made up and above board and you want it honouring or disconnecting..or you will go to trading standards etc.

Banned

should've bought a proper phone not the cheap mans iphone

Original Poster

plumberman01

were you eligible to have the discount? i.e could he give so many away to … were you eligible to have the discount? i.e could he give so many away to friends? i was allowed 10 for friends and family 50% i just had to notify the network. If it was legit and your eligible then i would go back into store and say the contract was made up and above board and you want it honouring or disconnecting..or you will go to trading standards etc.

thanks for the reply, yes it was all ligit. he gets 2 discounts at 50% and 8 at 30% for friends and family. Do you think it will matter that there isnt anything in writing?

Johnrulez

should've bought a proper phone not the cheap mans iphone

thats helpfull, thanks that def would have solved the problem.......have a look at just about any review that compares the 2 against each other before making such a statement.

jojothefirst

have a look at just about any review that compares the 2 against each … have a look at just about any review that compares the 2 against each other before making such a statement.

Never seen a 3310 vs a Desire :lol:

Oh how **** is that? Even smileys can't be typed on this poxy place anymore :roll:

I'd recommend asking on Vodafone's eforum:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk

I find the staff there are far more helpful than the phone or mail CS.

John

Original Poster

Johnmcl7

I'd recommend asking on Vodafone's eforum:http://forum.vodafone.co.ukI … I'd recommend asking on Vodafone's eforum:http://forum.vodafone.co.ukI find the staff there are far more helpful than the phone or mail CS.John

Hi, thanks....tried that but wasnt much help.

Original Poster

Any body else got any thoughts?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions