Groups

Problems accesing certain websites on my laptop?

Evening all,

I am trying to access emails on my laptop but for some reason when ever i try accessing hotmail, gmail etc i t just wont let me! I think some of the setting have been changed.....Any ideas on what to do please??

Thanks

Rep Left for any help!

9 Comments

Install firefox

Ok.... Instead of hotmail, gmail etc, what are you [FONT=System][COLOR=slategray]really [/COLOR][/FONT] having trouble accessing?;-)

Original Poster

LOL

Seriously people any internet site where i need to login (even MSN) it just doesnt let me. It will either allow me to the login page but once i put in my details then i get page error

Abz;5326677

LOLSeriously people any internet site where i need to login (even MSN) it … LOLSeriously people any internet site where i need to login (even MSN) it just doesnt let me. It will either allow me to the login page but once i put in my details then i get page error

What page error does it say?

Is the time on your PC correct?

Original Poster

yeah the time is correct.....and error msg i get is the "page cannot be displayed"

Have you or someone else changed the settings for your firewall or router recently?

Could be that your firewall / router is blocking ]https traffic (over port 443).

Edit: Also might be worth installing a different web browser (e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera) to see if the issue lies with your current internet browser or somewhere else.

Check your task manager, put it in a cpu order, and see what running. also download net stubber check and see if someone elses broadband router is conflicting with yours... I found out that my phone line (of 20 years) and hadnt been changed and was melting away (no joke) and had to be changed by bt for free (got way to get them to come onsite quickly is to mention that you are going to NTL because of the bad service)

P.S You might have a virus , yippie !!!

I have had trouble before like that. And it turned out its the internet service provider's problem that's causing some websites to not work. First restart your computer and router and if the problem persist, then its most likely the ISP problem as I stated and nothing you can do but wait til they fix.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the responses. The thing i dont think it is anything to with the internet provider as other laptops using the same router work fine! Its just this 1 laptop errggh....

How do i check the firewall settings??? that oldmanhouse is on about??? sorry im not the best techie around!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 15 ways you can hack that Amazon Dash Button78
      2. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?98
      3. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1842
      4. word association Game73844451

See more discussions