Problems installing R6S

Everytime I try to install Rainbow 6 Siege it says installation stopped at random points into the download and I will resume install this process repeats every 45 seconds. I'm installing off the disk and this happens for no other disk game I've installed after this started happening. I've also tried clearing local saves that didn't work and installing on external and internal hardrive. Any fixes? XBOX ONE

11 Comments

Do you have a different DVD drive you can try?

Random fails can mean the drive is getting a bit old and miss-reading the data; this can be much worse with some disks than others, depending on what physical anti copy system is being used.

I stopped buying "Dora The Explorer" games for the children 10 years ago, because the copy protection kept killing DVD drives. Average life span of a branded* DVD drive was 6 months with one of these games installed.

*Samsung, LG, Panasonic, etc

Original Poster

Gentle_Giant

Do you have a different DVD drive you can try?Random fails can mean the … Do you have a different DVD drive you can try?Random fails can mean the drive is getting a bit old and miss-reading the data; this can be much worse with some disks than others, depending on what physical anti copy system is being used.I stopped buying "Dora The Explorer" games for the children 10 years ago, because the copy protection kept killing DVD drives. Average life span of a branded* DVD drive was 6 months with one of these games installed.*Samsung, LG, Panasonic, etc

​no but it's not random I've installed Bf3 bad company 2 and Tales from borderlands with no problems

maybe scratch/disc problem, is there a free demo/trial available? these are normally the same as disc installs and the disc would just unlock full game.

I'm confused as download is different from installing from your dvd drive. If you're just installing from drive then disable and virtual optical drives you have. Last time I checked rainbow 6 siege was a uplay DRM.

Original Poster

Sorry it's on xbox one

Maybe try installing first before downloading any updates and do them separately, I have read that sometimes this works

Original Poster

jayap72

Maybe try installing first before downloading any updates and do them … Maybe try installing first before downloading any updates and do them separately, I have read that sometimes this works

​? The game installs first anyway

ILIKEVIDEOGAMES

Sorry it's on xbox one

If it's not downloading then you could be waiting for them to update the patch. I had this problem with lego dimensions continuously downloading a level update and failing. After about 4 hours it re-downloaded again but the file was about 50MB bigger and downloaded without an issue. I'm not sure what causes this blip but it sounds like it's a common problem with microsofts servers.

Go to network settings discount from ur internet and try downloading it again.

ILIKEVIDEOGAMES

​no but it's not random I've installed Bf3 bad company 2 and Tales from b … ​no but it's not random I've installed Bf3 bad company 2 and Tales from borderlands with no problems

I meant random fails in the one disk; if it fails at the same point, it usually means a scratch, failing at different points in the install usually means a bad DVD drive; as I said, it all depends on the physical copy protection used; some are much tougher on the drives than others. Often music CDs and uncompressed data will be fine, only compressed files will randomly fail/get corrupted.

ILIKEVIDEOGAMES

​? The game installs first anyway

​Yes it does but you have the option to install it and download any updates at the same time, sometimes it conflicts with each other and the console rejects the installation all together
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Question about cancelling / moving from Sky Broadband to BT Broadband48
    2. Wifi extender78
    3. Missing the best deals with the new HUKD layout11
    4. Problem with new double glazed installation33

See more discussions