Groups

Problems using play.com on quidco

Everytime i try to use quidco for play it never works i click the " to earn quidco with this seller" but it never connects to the site and after order a few things found it never worked

Anyone else have this problem?

Daniel

28 Comments

Nope - worked fine for me.

Have you tried deleting your cache/cookies/history and trying again?

Use Firefox, always works for me.

Just tried and working ok!

this is the direct link from Quidco ([COLOR="Red"]you must be signed in[/COLOR])
    quidco.com/vis…ck/
    try putting directly into your browser does it connect?

if not try resetting your modem (just power it off then back on again) this sometimes sorts out connection issues :thumbsup:

works fine for me, ie and firefox.

I dont have a problem clicking through to play.com, but since january I have had a few not track (never happened before then) annoyingly its always the ones where I would of earnt just under £1 so they dont chase it!

27 Mar 2008 12:33:17 Play.com 6.82 0.27 tracked ~ Jun 2008
    28 Jan 2008 19:35:24 Play.com 3.99 0.16 received ~ Mar 2008
    1 Jan 2008 19:20:22 Play.com 2.99 0.12 received ~ Mar 2008
    0 Nov 2007 12:03:24 Play.com 7.99 0.32 paid 31 Dec 2007

All small amounts but tracked ok!

Always works for me,

Maybe submit an enquiry

timber;1805976

Just tried and working ok!this is the direct link from … Just tried and working ok!this is the direct link from Quidcohttp://www.quidco.com/visit/52/BA/cashback/try putting directly into your browser does it connect?if not try resetting your modem (just power it off then back on again) this sometimes sorts out connection issues :thumbsup:

The direct link you posted, timber, does not work for me.

Dandoc, you might want to have a read of this : hotukdeals.com/ite…ng/

Try, Carphone Warehouse, Tesco Mobile PAYG, Game, and see if those links are working. Let me know what you find.

Looks like it is happening to more people. Please, please, please, if you find what is wrong, let me know.

Has always worked for me........................................ have you tried clearing your cookies first ? then going through the process ?

All fine from here too... no probs

03 Mar 2008 22:22:47 Play.com 179.99 7.20tracked~ Jun 2008
    08 Mar 2008 21:13:06 Play.com 5.99 0.24 tracked~ Jun 2008
    12 Mar 2008 20:27:00 Play.com 5.49 0.22 tracked~ Jun 2008
    19 Mar 2008 19:02:53 Play.com 14.99 0.60 tracked~ Jun 2008

emmajk42;1806676

All fine from here too... no probs :)03 Mar 2008 22:22:47 Play.com 179.99 … All fine from here too... no probs :)03 Mar 2008 22:22:47 Play.com 179.99 7.20tracked~ Jun 200808 Mar 2008 21:13:06 Play.com 5.99 0.24 tracked~ Jun 200812 Mar 2008 20:27:00 Play.com 5.49 0.22 tracked~ Jun 200819 Mar 2008 19:02:53 Play.com 14.99 0.60 tracked~ Jun 2008

Ooh, who can work out what emma's been buying?

1. Nintendo Wii :?:
    2. 2 gb Sd card :?:

thesaint;1806745

Ooh, who can work out what emma's been buying?1. Nintendo Wii :?:2. 2 gb … Ooh, who can work out what emma's been buying?1. Nintendo Wii :?:2. 2 gb Sd card :?:

LOL 2 out of 4 :thumbsup:

thesaint;1806745

Ooh, who can work out what emma's been buying?

Surely one of them has to be for a Gentleman's Ballscratcher? ;-):whistling:

I do make a lot of purchases from play.com, and about 15 - 20% are not tracking at the moment.

I dont use any other cashback sites, but I have been using a 5% discount code since october, so maybe it is something to do with that?

Original Poster

tried it again and it still doesnt connect to play

Face it, they know its you :lol:

dandoc2;1809260

tried it again and it still doesnt connect to play

It's definitely something in your settings dan... nothing that quidco can really do...

Original Poster

emmajk42;1809303

It's definitely something in your settings dan... nothing that quidco can … It's definitely something in your settings dan... nothing that quidco can really do...

tried it in mozilla and IE still just get this

quidco.com/vis…ck/

and says cannot find server

dandoc2;1809396

tried it in mozilla and IE still just get … tried it in mozilla and IE still just get thishttp://www.quidco.com/visit/52/BA/cashback/and says cannot find server

Works for me! Have you installed new software recently? New virus / spyware stuff?

Original Poster

emmajk42;1809525

Works for me! Have you installed new software recently? New virus / … Works for me! Have you installed new software recently? New virus / spyware stuff?

nope - ive tried it on 2 computers as well still same

Dan, did you read the link I gave in my previous post here?

Original Poster

shibi din;1806565

The direct link you posted, timber, does not work for me.Dandoc, you … The direct link you posted, timber, does not work for me.Dandoc, you might want to have a read of this : http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/164244/quidco-problems-connecting/Try, Carphone Warehouse, Tesco Mobile PAYG, Game, and see if those links are working. Let me know what you find.Looks like it is happening to more people. Please, please, please, if you find what is wrong, let me know.

cant get any of them to work

Im using aol too but i dnt think its that

Was annoying as i bought a £50 dvd player from play so missed out on the cashback - as well as £40 worth od hd dvds

dandoc2;1809547

nope - ive tried it on 2 computers as well still same

Then it could be the router or the ISP settings?

dandoc2;1809637

cant get any of them to work

Well, it's bad news I'm afraid. I have had long conversations with Quidco about this and they are at a loss as to what the problem might be.
    However, if you report it to them as well then maybe they will start investigating a bit more. The op on the other thread said her hubby is trying to find out what it could be and she will keep me informed.
    Let me know what you do, and if you have any luck, please. :thinking:

Edit - just seen your edit. I think it may be something to do with AOL. I am with AOL (don't use their software though) and the other person is with AOL too.

Original Poster

shibi din;1809666

Well, it's bad news I'm afraid. I have had long conversations with … Well, it's bad news I'm afraid. I have had long conversations with Quidco about this and they are at a loss as to what the problem might be.However, if you report it to them as well then maybe they will start investigating a bit more. The op on the other thread said her hubby is trying to find out what it could be and she will keep me informed.Let me know what you do, and if you have any luck, please. :thinking:Edit - just seen your edit. I think it may be something to do with AOL. I am with AOL (don't use their software though) and the other person is with AOL too.

yeh i dont use the software anyway mainly because of their time caps while using it -im using one of those routers they give free but i know thats nothing to do with it

EDIT - Have sent a message to them with this thread link attached

Likely to be an AOL issue? We had problems a while back - anyone with AOL emails couldn't get any emails from HUKD!

emmajk42;1809939

Likely to be an AOL issue? We had problems a while back - anyone with AOL … Likely to be an AOL issue? We had problems a while back - anyone with AOL emails couldn't get any emails from HUKD!

OK, I don't know if any have been sent out - but I've NEVER had an email from HUKD!! Ever. Since I joined a year ago.

shibi din;1809977

OK, I don't know if any have been sent out - but I've NEVER had an email … OK, I don't know if any have been sent out - but I've NEVER had an email from HUKD!! Ever. Since I joined a year ago.

No, we don't send spontaneoueoeouoeoues emails, for example, the email activation you get when you put in a new email
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      2. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      3. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020
      4. Win a Free minion usb stick66

See more discussions