Groups

Problems with blu ray?

So earlier I was watching prison break season 3 blu ray and was slightly confused and disappointed, The picture was crisp and bright until there was a darker scene, when it was dark the picture quality dropped and the image became extremely grainy but i don't understand why?

Im playing the blu ray through my 80gb ps3 and Samsung 32in HD tv have i got something wrong?

4 Comments

No, not at all - what you're experiencing is natural, where the light quality isn't good enough during filming. You won't see it in animated movies as there's no actual movie capture going on. You wouldn't normally notice it, it's just HD sharpens the image.

On you TV there will be a sharpness setting,Set this to softest as the sharpening process exagerates image "noise",

Original Poster

Xb0xGuru;5413269

No, not at all - what you're experiencing is natural, where the light … No, not at all - what you're experiencing is natural, where the light quality isn't good enough during filming. You won't see it in animated movies as there's no actual movie capture going on. You wouldn't normally notice it, it's just HD sharpens the image.

I thought i may have something to do with the lighting but wasn't totally sure, I've seen the graining on other movies but no where near as bad as it is on dark scenes in prison break.

Thanks for clearing it up for me though..

rep added :thumbsup:

tonyg1962;5413282

On you TV there will be a sharpness setting,Set this to softest as the … On you TV there will be a sharpness setting,Set this to softest as the sharpening process exagerates image "noise",

How do i find this sharpness setting ad will it greatly change the images quality of the blu ray just to reduce the grain?

lastlaststar;5413357

I thought i may have something to do with the lighting but wasn't totally … I thought i may have something to do with the lighting but wasn't totally sure, I've seen the graining on other movies but no where near as bad as it is on dark scenes in prison break.Thanks for clearing it up for me though..rep added :thumbsup:How do i find this sharpness setting ad will it greatly change the images quality of the blu ray just to reduce the grain?

Dont know with your exact tv but while on that channel there should be a setting under options,
    Blueray images are already highly sharpened so you shouldnt need any sharpening on at all but you can experiment adding a bit at a time,
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4031718
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764611
      3. What is there free to do in your town?2034
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523471

See more discussions