Groups

Problems with downloading video on new netbook?

Hi
    Got a new netbook Samsung N220 windows 7 starter.
    Went on BBC iplayer and tried to download a program. Whilst sound was perfect video was very jumpy and looked like a slide show. After a lot of googling apparently this is a common problem with windows 7 and its a fault that the BBC have to sort out. Far too technical for me to understand but many people are struggling with it.
    Someone suggested rather than normal download i download to windows media player. it gave me that option to i did. Download appeared to go well and finish but when i went to watch it it said an error has occured at the top of the box it said media acquisition rights....does anyone have any ideas please. this is driving me up the wall.
    thanks

6 Comments

have you tried downloading to iplayer desktop?
    netbooks aren't too well suited to playing video, check you're streaming it in the lowest quality possible too

Have you updated your flash player to 10.1?

Original Poster

yes i have tried the desktop and thats not worked and i definitely have the latest flash but thanks for trying.

Original Poster

I have just found this on a forum...these are the guys exact words and he had problems with media acquisition. i also have AVG like him..could someone point me in the right direction to find these things as i dont know where to look thanks.
    these are his words.....
    Sorry folks - my fault. KHost.exe and COPYKDXFILE.exe were blocked in my AVG Firewall. I simpy "allowed" these two programs and presto - iPlayer now works a dream Great to be back on board. Hope this might help someone else out there!

Banned

Goofeys Girl;8971278

I have just found this on a forum...these are the guys exact words and he … I have just found this on a forum...these are the guys exact words and he had problems with media acquisition. i also have AVG like him..could someone point me in the right direction to find these things as i dont know where to look thanks.these are his words.....Sorry folks - my fault. KHost.exe and COPYKDXFILE.exe were blocked in my AVG Firewall. I simpy "allowed" these two programs and presto - iPlayer now works a dream Great to be back on board. Hope this might help someone else out there!

get rid of AVG now. it is useless.

AVIRA or AVAST actually work, unlike AVG

Original Poster

csiman;8971766

get rid of AVG now. it is useless.AVIRA or AVAST actually work, unlike AVG

Thanks i appreciate you trying to help but i like AVG because you get ticks a bit like macafee that tell you safe sites. It also got highly rated by web user. Will persevere for a little longer but i have heard good things about AVAST.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1217
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News45
      3. PlayStation Hacked Again?33
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?33193

See more discussions