Groups

Problems with dstt??

I ordered 2 dstt cards from deal extreme, put one in my ds lite this morning now my ds wont switch on, i have just had a call from a friend who had the 2nd card a few days ago that now his ds wont switch on.

Is there a problem with dstt cards? if not this is a warning to people

129 Comments

hope not i was looking to order more! x

Ive got one on the way so really hope not!!

That doesn't sound very good, you paid for a DS bricker?

loobie;3330930

Me too!!

i heard that there was some problems with fake dstt cards. but got slated when i suggested that deal extreme were selling them. i recently ordered some form china and they are fine. apparently they are fake if they have a gold dot on the underside. (or something like that) did they come in a box or in a plastic sleeve?

Abvance;3330933

That doesn't sound very good, you paid for a DS bricker?

?????:thinking:

leecroot;3330943

i heard that there was some problems with fake dstt cards. but got … i heard that there was some problems with fake dstt cards. but got slated when i suggested that deal extreme were selling them. i recently ordered some form china and they are fine. apparently they are fake if they have a gold dot on the underside. (or something like that) did they come in a box or in a plastic sleeve?

i also got slated when i suggested they may b fake from deal extreme but ive had both boxed and plastic sleeve from them! x

i think the boxed ones are the old style and shouldnt be sold now (not sure why) im sure there there was some info on the site about the fake ones. try this link. [url]www.ndstt.com[/url]

I believe this is a known fault with fake cards blowing an internal component. I can't find a link though.

Anyway of telling if they fake? Also your DS totally knakerd?

loobie;3330930

so have i:?

ouch. i didnt realise the fake ones were doing that. ive sold around 100 of these things in my local paper. glad i havnt had any off these. its probalby nintendo introducing them to stop people buying them.....

i think if you look underneath there is a gold dot. im sure i read it somewhere......

If the DS won't turn on it may well be the fuse that's blown, it's a DIY fix, albeit not an easy one and a steady hand is required!

Original Poster

I've beem told its the fuse thats blown, just hope it is, but 3 ds's in 1 day 2 lite's 1 phat :x

apples33;3331224

I've beem told its the fuse thats blown, just hope it is, but 3 ds's in 1 … I've beem told its the fuse thats blown, just hope it is, but 3 ds's in 1 day 2 lite's 1 phat :x

what is it the dstt cards that has done it? or did they all coincidently blow???

did you check the underside to see if there was any gold dots?

Original Poster

Will upload a pic, it's the same dstt card so it must be that

Original Poster

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/skinnyvinny/CIMG1404.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/skinnyvinny/CIMG1402.jpg

Banned

did you look at post 9 and the link, that will show you the fakes, i have an apparent fake, and been in use for well over 6 months

I have one in my shopping basket at dx that I nearly bought yesterday but was waiting until some paypal funds came in. This sounds bad - I've bought several in the past from dx and never had - or heard of - such a problem. Hope these are isolated incidents but will be watching this thread...

Banned

me too, just promised to sort two out of my little nephews for xmas

just looked at the pic. from what i can remember there was round dots on the fake ones, on the underside. youres didnt have that on the gold. i wonder what caused them to knacker youre ds?

OP, you sure you and your friend don't have excessive electricity in your bodies ... or maybe both live near a nuclear power station that is about to blow?

Banned

leecroot;3331624

just looked at the pic. from what i can remember there was round dots on … just looked at the pic. from what i can remember there was round dots on the fake ones, on the underside. youres didnt have that on the gold. i wonder what caused them to knacker youre ds?

yes there is a round gold dot on the apparent fakes, from the pic posted here you cant see anything as the sd card is in it, and you wouldnt be able to se it anyway

i see. so its basically hit or miss then if you get a fake one?

Original Poster

Just to update, i bought a dstt card for myself from deal extreme with sd card which i've had for weeks, i then bought 2 without sd cards, i put one of these in my ds this morning and it blew straight away, my mate was using his in his phat he put it in his lite and blew straight away also with the phat blowing few hrs later

Looking at my original card and this new one, there is a round circle just can be seen, will try and get a pic both together.

apples33;3331883

Just to update, i bought a dstt card for myself from deal extreme with sd … Just to update, i bought a dstt card for myself from deal extreme with sd card which i've had for weeks, i then bought 2 without sd cards, i put one of these in my ds this morning and it blew straight away, my mate was using his in his phat he put it in his lite and blew straight away also with the phat blowing few hrs laterLooking at my original card and this new one, there is a round circle just can be seen, will try and get a pic both together.

Thanks will be good! Do you think its a bad batch of them?

Banned

appleas have you contacted dx?

Original Poster

Have not contacted dx yet, after looking at post 9 it came in the sleeve sep 2008 packaging, it's hard getting a picture but putting them both together on the new card i can see a faint circle where on my old one i cant.

Original Poster

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/skinnyvinny/CIMG1405.jpg

It will be a rogue card, it could happen with a genuine card or a "supposed" fake.

I have been saying for months that DSTT cards are built shoddily. I myself stopped buying them, and pay the extra £2 for Acekard2's.

Original Poster

Look where i marked on the top card, on my original it isn't there and it has caused me no problems

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/skinnyvinny/CIMG1410.jpg

if you break it open and its a gold circle then i think you got a fake!!!!! either way you are out off pocket....

thesaint;3331984

It will be a rogue card, it could happen with a genuine card or a … It will be a rogue card, it could happen with a genuine card or a "supposed" fake.I have been saying for months that DSTT cards are built shoddily. I myself stopped buying them, and pay the extra £2 for Acekard2's.

ive sold over a hundred of these dstt cards and havnt had any problems. i get mine from a bloke in china.

Banned

leecroot;3332079

if you break it open and its a gold circle then i think you got a … if you break it open and its a gold circle then i think you got a fake!!!!! either way you are out off pocket....

the gold dot is on the opening where you put the sd card in, you dont need to open it

Original Poster

The worrying thing is i've purchased another 3 !!!!!!!!!

Cant contact deal extreme either as i cant find my order number :x

Banned

apples33;3332104

The worrying thing is i've purchased another 3 !!!!!!!!!Cant contact deal … The worrying thing is i've purchased another 3 !!!!!!!!!Cant contact deal extreme either as i cant find my order number :x

it will be in your account

leecroot;3332093

ive sold over a hundred of these dstt cards and havnt had any problems. i … ive sold over a hundred of these dstt cards and havnt had any problems. i get mine from a bloke in china.

I've sold considerably less, and returned 4 or 5.

apples33;3332104

The worrying thing is i've purchased another 3 !!!!!!!!!Cant contact deal … The worrying thing is i've purchased another 3 !!!!!!!!!Cant contact deal extreme either as i cant find my order number :x

It will be listed in your account on dx.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32451
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047111
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767265
      4. love affairs1445

See more discussions