Groups

Problems with dvdcrave

Hi i ordered a few hd dvds from dvd crave and having checked my bank account ive been charged £1 extra per dvd for an "overseas transaction"

Has anyone else been charged like me - should i have been charged

As ive ordered off foreign sites before america and japanese and never been charged extra

Daniel

13 Comments

No this does not seem right !
    I have ordered lots from overseas & never had this happen !

Original Poster

snowtiger;1809262

No this does not seem right !I have ordered lots from overseas & never … No this does not seem right !I have ordered lots from overseas & never had this happen !

the price on the statement showed the austrailian dollars then the converted rate -- but why should i pay for conversions

This is 99% likely a bank charge. I seriously doubt DVD Crave would (or could) do this.

When I use my visa debit online and get charged in USD, they charge me £1 "overseas something or other" charge.

When I use my Mastercard and get charged in USD, I get charged the amount in GBP without any extra charge.

So i'm guessing it was your bank that charged you the extra? That's why I tend to pay foreign transactions via paypal, what you see is what you pay. Long live DealExtreme and Playasia :lol:

Original Poster

Shengis;1809320

So i'm guessing it was your bank that charged you the extra? That's why I … So i'm guessing it was your bank that charged you the extra? That's why I tend to pay foreign transactions via paypal, what you see is what you pay. Long live DealExtreme and Playasia :lol:

well i used my dads as i hadnt got paid - dunno what account he has but he goes to me today you owe me money for the extra fees

Is there anyway i can contest the charges

you can't contest it. it's the exchange fee

dandoc2;1809374

well i used my dads as i hadnt got paid - dunno what account he has but … well i used my dads as i hadnt got paid - dunno what account he has but he goes to me today you owe me money for the extra fees Is there anyway i can contest the charges

I wouldn't have thought so. Most accounts have something in their t&c's along the line of : We charge x percent minimum £x per transaction on foreign purchases.

Might be worth getting your dad to check what it says on his account though. Pretty sure all mine say minimum of £2-£3 the ripoff ******s :x

Original Poster

dmissy13;1809398

you can't contest it. it's the exchange fee

not really cheap dvds now then-- got another 5things on order - might as well cancel them

not really cheap dvds now then-- got another 5things on order - might as … not really cheap dvds now then-- got another 5things on order - might as well cancel them

Try ezydvd.au they take paypal and theres no exchange fee

Original Poster

dmissy13;1809700

dvd crave have been pants ive had like 6 films cancelled because of no stock - not gunna buy any more hd dvds from austrailia will just get them here

Banned

dmissy13;1809700

It's ezydvd.com.au/ I think ;-)

i ordered 12 dvds 6 different orders from ezydvd and all arrived with no problems

It's http://www.ezydvd.com.au/ I think

thats the one! lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions