Groups
    EXPIRED

problems with firefox

SuperEd
    had a problem with firefox for about a week now, havent installed anything recently but firefox starts to freeze.
    i have to go to task manager and close it via there.
    wont happen for a few hours then might happen twice in 10 mins!.
    Tried uninstalling and reinstalling & updating but not sure what else i can try!
    anybody have an idea?
    thanks in advance

using windows 7 ultimate

8 Comments

Banned

disable all add-ons and add back singularly

Original Poster SuperEd

csiman;8777590

disable all add-ons and add back singularly

cheers will try that :thumbsup: dont know if its worth mentioning but sometimes when i right click i just get a blank box( cannot see copy/paste etc)

Also, if the above does not work, try uninstalling Firefox then install a fresh copy.

Original Poster SuperEd

Predikuesi;8777607

Also, if the above does not work, try uninstalling Firefox then install a … Also, if the above does not work, try uninstalling Firefox then install a fresh copy.

tried that as stated in op :thumbsup: thanks though

goonertillidie;8777611

Sorry. My reading ability is obviously getting worse

Banned

goonertillidie;8777611

but did you do a FULL uninstall (i.e remove user settings, bookmarks, cookies etc) as if not, then a reinstall may not solve the problem.

1. install XMARKS addon which syncs your bookmarks online. Then do an uninstall using ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS

2. remove added plugins or other files and folders that may not be removed by the uninstall you must manually delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located here by default: C:\Program files\Mozilla Firefox

3. reinstall ff

4. add XMARKS add-on, then re-sync bookmarks with online saved ones.

5. add other add-ons slowly to see if problem re-appears

I had the same problem a couple of months back , I think it had something to do with my online security (VIRGIN PC GUARD) it persisted for a few weeks ,then after a major upgrade from PC GUARD everything has been hunky dory:whistling:

Banned

any luck gooner?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions