Problems with Hannspree HQ271HPG

10 replies
Found 28th Jan
Hi there,

I purchased this monitor of amazon about 4 weeks ago and have been having some very big and annoying issues with this monitor. The issue is that the monitor frameskips even at 60hz. I have tried conecting it through hdmi,dvi and even a active displayport to hdmi 2.0 connecter and they all skips frames at 60hz which the monitor is specified to do. It doesnt skip frames at 57hz and lower, but that is not what I paid £220 for. If anyone here as also purchased this monitor let me know if you have had similiar issue, as it seems I am one of the many few who own this monitor. The more I think about it, I so regret not buying the Qnix 2710. Thanks

10 Comments

Why not just return it if it's not doing what you actually paid/bought it for then go with the other monitor!

Original Poster

londonlad19

Why not just return it if it's not doing what you actually paid/bought it … Why not just return it if it's not doing what you actually paid/bought it for then go with the other monitor!

Its been 30 days, so not sure if they will accept.

You sure it's not your GPU settings causing the issue?

Original Poster

emodan

You sure it's not your GPU settings causing the issue?

99% sure it isnt, proof was Ive tested the frameskipping and games on other monitors and they run perfectly at their desired refresh rates. Cant seem to find out why my hannspree is skipping frames at 60hz though...

hamzahuk

99% sure it isnt, proof was Ive tested the frameskipping and games on … 99% sure it isnt, proof was Ive tested the frameskipping and games on other monitors and they run perfectly at their desired refresh rates. Cant seem to find out why my hannspree is skipping frames at 60hz though...

I would RMA it as it could be faulty. Amazon are pretty good with RMA's if you whine enough they may arrange a swap for a new one if you explain you need it for work

Original Poster

emodan

I would RMA it as it could be faulty. Amazon are pretty good with RMA's … I would RMA it as it could be faulty. Amazon are pretty good with RMA's if you whine enough they may arrange a swap for a new one if you explain you need it for work

They got no more in stock and also been over 30 days, I think hannspree will be my best bet if they were to replace the monitor, would be even better if they would be willing to send me a replacement first. My friend RMA'ed is 1440p BenQ monitor and they literally sent him a replacement monitor before he even sent out his old one.

What do you mean it skips frames ?

Original Poster

kester76

What do you mean it skips frames ?

When running this test testufo.com/ on my monitor at 60hz. When I take a picture on my camera, it shows that there is a frames being. It gives you the biggest headache in games when tearing happens, its 10x worse than 30fps.

hamzahuk

When running this test http://www.testufo.com/#test=frameskipping on my … When running this test http://www.testufo.com/#test=frameskipping on my monitor at 60hz. When I take a picture on my camera, it shows that there is a frames being. It gives you the biggest headache in games when tearing happens, its 10x worse than 30fps.

​Thanks for the reply and the link, I've never heard of this issue before. I just assumed that modern panels would sync at around 59.9ish. I better brush up this.

Original Poster

Well just contacted there repair team and they've arranged a swap to take place in 2 days. Hopefully the replacement will have no issues.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Help: NowTV Movie pass55
    2. 241 cinema code - how to ask?38
    3. Is this expensive?816
    4. Credit Card Debt Question...915

See more discussions