Groups

Problems with my wireless router HELP!!!!!

hi there i have a netgear cable/dsl wireless router but it will only connect wirelessly now and again.anyone out there know what the problem is any help appreciated.
    cheers

8 Comments

I can't help, but I think you need to be more descriptive.

Can it see the network but cant connect or can it not see the network at all? How far away is your pc/laptop

We have a netgear router too, which works fine most of the time, running 2 laptops and a pc off it simultaneously. Sometimes, my laptop loses the connection, and the only way I can reconnect is to reboot. After the restart, all is fine again. Hope that helps you!

check manufacturers website for firmware updates to see if they detail it fixing that particular problem, do the same for manufacturers of all the Wifi gear you have , pcmcia, usb dongles, built in wireless in lappy

Don't know if it's the same for netgear but I had to change the channel of my wireless (on-board software) BT router because the default was weak and prone to interference.

Ungreat;4581228

Don't know if it's the same for netgear but I had to change the channel … Don't know if it's the same for netgear but I had to change the channel of my wireless (on-board software) BT router because the default was weak and prone to interference.

:thumbsup:

Hi
    I get this problem from time to time
    Hit start
    Run
    type in services.msc
    wait for list of services to load
    scroll down to last and count up 3
    double click
    it should say stopped if so hit the button to start ??? (might be called something else) it again and then the stopped should change to started
    hope this helps good luck
    xx

Original Poster

thats for all replies never noticed the reset button on the back of the router and is now working fine.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764171
      2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2955
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891819
      4. Sad news about Barcelona24112

See more discussions