Problems with N300 Netgear Extender

Found 6th Jan
Set it up but can't connect devices to it as it is saying the password is incorrect, even though it tells me to use the same WIFI password I use for the WiFi router. I know it's right as I can connect to the normal WiFi without the extender using the same password.

I've even logged into the Plusnet router, changed the password, tried to connect different devices to the extender using the new password.

I can't even follow the Netgear installation assistant as it tells me to find and connect to the extender which I can't do!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
4 Comments

Can you see the newwork extender on your network? If not chech both are in same ip network. Then try ping the extender once you can do that log in to device or use the software to configure it.

Original Poster

Oh yes, can see it fine, full signal, tried resetting it, trying a different password and nothing. Best of it was I had problems initially, complained to Amazon it was faulty, they sent a replacement and now same problems with this one. Google tells me about a zillion people have the same problem. It's going back I've tried everything, just going to get a different one.

Original Poster

Oh yes, can see it fine, full signal, tried resetting it, trying a different password and nothing. Best of it was I had problems initially, complained to Amazon it was faulty, they sent a replacement and now same problems with this one. Google tells me about a zillion people have the same problem. It's going back I've tried everything, just going to get a different one.

And I'm not very technical but nothing on any forum I've seen seems to work.

Ditch the extenders and get a mesh network. Take a look at google WiFi or BT WiFi.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 6th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text