Groups

Problems with OutNow DVD rental - advise please

I had a 2 month free trial but have decided to cancel my member ship so I sent the 2 dvds back in one envelope and canceled my membership, they said they give 7 days for them to receive vds back and then it will be canceled. I received an email saying thankyou for returning one of the dvds even though they were in the same envelope so they must of received of them both! This morning I had an email dayig my 7 days had lapsed and I will be charged for the DVD and can not cancel my membership. They have my debit card details but i dont see how its fair I have to pay for something that m positive they received back! Any advise on how to tackle this later as I usually loose my temper on the phone.

3 Comments

cancel the direct debit with your bank. and call them. tell them that they were both posted in one envelope so you knw its a lie. make sure you tell them that you have cancelled direct debit. ak to speak to a manager, always scares them that your not jut backing down. and make sure you email, and post a letter too. keep copies and send recorded. perseverence is the key to companies like this

Out of interest do you have a proof of posting? Because that is one of the things they will ask.

Good luck. I think all of these companies are as bad as each other.

im having a similar problem- I signed up for a 2 week free trial - BIGMISTAKE

i had 3 DVDs which i sent back- and now they are emailing me, telling me they haven't received the DVDs.

ive emailed them telling them if they havent then its roytal mail's fault not mine- and i read on the website that if the dvds have been lost in the post they send u forms to fill in so they can claim off royal mail

but they haven't sent me these forms- even thought ive asked for them

so it leads me to believe something fishy is going on

meanwhile they are still trying to charge me £15 a month for subscription when im not even receiving any DVDs!

Its extortionate. I don't beliee for a minute that they haven't received the DVDs. But what do i do?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How to get laptop to boot from DVD/CD drive?36
      2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …69
      3. Speccing a gaming pc48
      4. Which SSD drive I need to replace my current HD48

See more discussions