Expired

Problems with the charger for Oral B Toothbrush?

Found 27th Apr 2012
I bought a Triumph Professional Care from Amazon on a deal here 4 months ago and have already had a replacement as the charger stopped working about a month ago. The new charger has also stopped working. I will call Amazon again but i was wondering if anyone else had any problems with a charger. My previous Oral B have lasted years and years.
I was wondering if anyone else had any probs with theirs...
Community Updates
28 Comments
Ive had 3 electric toothbrushes and always the charge stand seems to stop working with very remedial use.
Its definately the charger as the toothbrush works on a different charger.I have just found this thread....http://community.uk.braun.com/braunuk/topics/why_is_my_toothbrush_not_charging

It seems there are a few problems with brushes bought from Amazon and Argos and other stores. I am on the phone to Amazon now.
Amazon are going to refund me and i get to keep the toothbrush again. I now have 2 perfectly working brushes and 2 broken chargers. Does anyone know where i can get just the charger from?

Amazon told me there is now a known problem with the chargers and they seem to be made in germany and they aare looking into this.

I found one but i am not paying that! amazon.co.uk/Bra…73S
Edited by: "mymymy" 27th Apr 2012
great result. amazon are just fab with their customer service. love them- and would pay slightly higher price knowing that should owt backfire, they'll sort it out (unlike the DSG lot)
samwants2save

great result. amazon are just fab with their customer service. love them- … great result. amazon are just fab with their customer service. love them- and would pay slightly higher price knowing that should owt backfire, they'll sort it out (unlike the DSG lot)

Well i just googled my brush and a new one is £150!!! I got mine for £35 i think from a deal posted here in December. They dont want the brush back as its used and they know i have now got 2 brushes that work perfectly and a full refund!
I can get a vitality brush for £15 as the charger works with mine. The Triumph charge lasts up to 2 weeks so one charger and 3 brushes is not a problem.

I love Amazon just for there customer services. I bought a corner Whirlpool microwave and the interior light went out so they swapped my microwave for a new one.I had used the microwave for 18 months too.
Refund now credited to my account, £39.99. Cant beat that!
MY charger worked very good earlier on but after a week it stopped working.Then i contacted with amazon and they gave a new one and i m still using that charger.
I have brought two toothbrush from oral B the first one was under guarantee from boots so they gave me another one without any questions, now the second charger has given up on me that lasted just over a year so I have to share with my son who lives 40 miles away very inconvenient but i don't want to pay another £25 for a charger why should i
Reminded me that I have got to phone customer service. I had an Oral B for years. Few months back the charger died. Bought another and almost immediately the charger died again. Have reverted to regular toothbrush but need to get the electric one sorted.

So YES. There are issues with the chargers. I went and bought a two pin coverter from Argos to ensure it was the charger and not the plug point. YES, it is the charger.
My Oral is still fine , morning and night X)
goldmax

My Oral is still fine , morning and night X)

Just gives you a neck ache though.

How is your neck today?
WoolyM

Just gives you a neck ache though. How is your neck today?

Its getting better wooly, hot water bottle and today I did 21 miles on my bike which seems to have loosened it up a bit
same problems with oral b chargers not working sent one back and sent another by amazon and am in the process of returning this one for the same charger problem ibrought a trizone 600 oral b from local chemist not realising that the chargers are the same and low and behold i have the same charger problem oral b are obviously taking no notice as these complaints seem to go back some while
I've had two oral B chargers and they die in a very short period of time.The manufacturers in Germany do recognise that there is a problem with them.However does this mean that the problem is fixed.I wouldnt recommend buying one even though Argos do half price ones....Is there any wonder.
have same problem with last 4 or 5 brush - for years these were great but not anymore - unless I find a solution I will be changing brush type
Mine this time seems ok.....
I've had two Oral B's, this second one is a year old; when I first had it the charge lasted 2 weeks, now I just about get 7 days out of it, using it twice a day, is that about right, or should it last longer?
I cant believe they are still selling a faulty product!
I telephoned 0115 96574444 and was told to contact productservice.co.uk and a label would be forwarded to me to enable me to return my Oral-B toothbrush and charger - Type 3757 but I cannot find the label. The item is still under guarantee. Please can you help. Thank you
spiderthecat

I telephoned 0115 96574444 and was told to contact … I telephoned 0115 96574444 and was told to contact http://www.productservice.co.uk and a label would be forwarded to me to enable me to return my Oral-B toothbrush and charger - Type 3757 but I cannot find the label. The item is still under guarantee. Please can you help. Thank you

Where did you have it last?

Lost items, when found, are always in the last place you look.

toothfairy15

I've had two Oral B's, this second one is a year old; when I first had it … I've had two Oral B's, this second one is a year old; when I first had it the charge lasted 2 weeks, now I just about get 7 days out of it, using it twice a day, is that about right, or should it last longer?

Is that 7 days x twice per day x 2 minutes, or another set of statistics?

Rechargeable battery cells will diminish over the life of a product.

Are you completely discharging the cells before charging?

Check the instruction manual regarding a "deep discharge/recharge" every few months.
I'VE HAD MY BRUSH ABOUT 5 YEARS AND KEEP IT ON CONSTANT CHARGE, BUT HERE RECENTLY IT HAS BEEN LOSING CHARGE WHILE I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF BRUSHING MY TEETH. IF I PLACE IT BACK ON THE CHARGER FOR A MINUTE OR TWO, IT CHARGES JUST ENOUGH FOR ME TO FINISH BRUSHING MY TEETH. DON'T KNOW IF COULD THIS BE THE CHARGER OR THE BATTERY. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
PAYNE

I'VE HAD MY BRUSH ABOUT 5 YEARS AND KEEP IT ON CONSTANT CHARGE, BUT HERE … I'VE HAD MY BRUSH ABOUT 5 YEARS AND KEEP IT ON CONSTANT CHARGE, BUT HERE RECENTLY IT HAS BEEN LOSING CHARGE WHILE I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF BRUSHING MY TEETH. IF I PLACE IT BACK ON THE CHARGER FOR A MINUTE OR TWO, IT CHARGES JUST ENOUGH FOR ME TO FINISH BRUSHING MY TEETH. DON'T KNOW IF COULD THIS BE THE CHARGER OR THE BATTERY. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Can't hear what you are saying speak up?
bought my braun last year,charger didn't work-was sent a new one ,same problem.asked supplier if charger should get hot whilst charging,they said yes,then said it didn't matter if it was hot or cold??????Ihave to return my old charger again for a new one.I expect the same problem WILL occur AGAIN.THESE CHARGERS ARE ABSOLUTE RUBBISH.Lucky I kept my old charger which is about 12 years old and is still working fine. BRAUN used to stand for quality,now it's just useless quantity!
Hi, I've found a problem with the newer charger base and it seems to be when I use it in conjunction with a cheaper inverter i.e an inverter that is not pure sine wave. On a pure sine wave inverter.....no problems but on a non pure sine wave inverter the charger lasts less than 30mins before it's broken. The older chargers worked fine on the cheaper inverters
Blonz

Hi, I've found a problem with the newer charger base and it seems to be … Hi, I've found a problem with the newer charger base and it seems to be when I use it in conjunction with a cheaper inverter i.e an inverter that is not pure sine wave. On a pure sine wave inverter.....no problems but on a non pure sine wave inverter the charger lasts less than 30mins before it's broken. The older chargers worked fine on the cheaper inverters

Cool story oO

You joined to post that
Edited by: "chocci" 6th May 2017
lol
After great results with several Triumph 9000 toothbrushes in our family, I bought the advanced "with Bluetooth" model. Main problem was poor battery life on new model, until:

While packing for extended vacation to Asia, I dropped the 3757 charger on tile floor... Got overseas and realized that while all my old Chargers were 100~240V, that the new charger was the 110~130 model [USA] while most of the places I stayed had only 220V (even in bathroom).

When I finally found a 110V outlet, I discovered the charger was completely dead...!

So two complaints to Braun:
1) move to non-universal design was ill-thought [was going to say "stupid"]
2) new charger design is not robust & did no survive first drop to floor!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions