Problems with the contraceptive implant?

Found 23rd May 2012
Just wondering if anyone has experienced any issues with the implant, looking into it It seems to cause a lot of emotional/mental issues as well as other physical problems.
Community Updates
MiscMovie
16 Comments
I had a bit of a hard time with it, defo had the emotional issues. It was like having PMT constantly (but 100 times worse than normal), very short temper and no patience for anything. I didn't notice any of it tbh, my OH mentioned it, I thought he was being dramatic,then my Mum and sister started mentioning my behaviour and thought it was time to get rid. Back to normal quite quickly. Also when I went to have it removed I mentioned that I had been having lots of headaches (every day) and apparantly this was another side effect.

It doesn't suit everyone, other people are fine with it, however I only know myself and 1 other person who have had the implant and both of us went a bit mental lol!
Edited by: "silkymolo" 24th May 2012
I Had the implant in for about two months and had a terrible time with it. Mood swings, erratic bleeding and huge weight gain. Ended up with stretch marks on my arms. It took my gp 25 minutes to try and take it out even then she couldnt. I Had to go to hospital to have it removed. The whole episode was a horrendous experience in my life, regret it and would never recommend.
Edited by: "swtchick87" 24th May 2012
Never had an issue with it, use to get wild mood swings on the pill but that all stoppe with the implant. I no longer get periods or cramps. Would definitely recommend it.
No issues with it, it's helped me loads, as I was having horendous problems with my time of the month. Most of my friends have had less trouble with the implant than any other contraceptive.
It's the same hormone as the depo provera injections. I have them every 12 weeks for menstrual problems. For the first two weeks I get depressed and physical weakness because of it but its better than the alternative!
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/coasting-through.gif
i have my second implant in so had it for 5 years altogether and LOVE it. i tell people it made me gain weight but pretty certain that is actually the cakes!!! I used to get headaches etc on the pill and have very rarely had them since getting the implant. I havent had a period in five years either
Original Poster
Still seems more negative than positive, think I'll have it removed and look into something else. THanks for your comments and random sliding man!
My wife got caught pregnant virtually the day after having one of these removed..!!!. Think it makes them super fertile lol.

She had it removed because she rocketed in size, was very moody and on a period virtually every week.
shauneco

My wife got caught pregnant virtually the day after having one of these … My wife got caught pregnant virtually the day after having one of these removed..!!!. Think it makes them super fertile lol.She had it removed because she rocketed in size, was very moody and on a period virtually every week.

Thats really bad.

How did you cope?
splatsplatsplat

Thats really bad.How did you cope?

Well obviously one of the reasons she had it removed, Was years a go when my sex life still existed lol.
I cant get it to stay on my willy
Yep i had very bad problems with it,physically and mentally,i was like a mad woman. I have also tried 3 kinds of the pill plus the depo injection and the mirena coil(this was the worst out of the lot,i had very bad mood swings and was very tearful all the time)! I am very sensitive to hormones.I ended up having a hysterectomy at 31 and still get problems now!!
Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 24th May 2012
I had the mood swings for about 4 months. Almost ended my relationship!!
I persevered and got through it, had it in for 2 years before trying for a family and had it for 4 years after having my family. Couldn't have done without it as we are an extremely fertile couple and I would forget to take a pill everyday.
Hubby has now had the snip, so no need for it anymore though.
My grand-daughter had it put in no problems grandson wife had one made a mess on her arm putting it in then she was bad moody sick then found out she was Preggy so had it took out when nurse took it out she said it hadn't been put in right the first place got a lovely great granddaughter.
Banned
ADZ1478

I cant get it to stay on my willy

It goes in your willy
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions