Problems with USB car charger for iPod and Sony Walkman MP3

Found 12th Apr 2009
I have a new iPod Classic (120GB) and a Sony Walkman MP3 (4GB) (model NWZ A816), both of which are charged via a USB cable. So that I can charge them away from my PC, I have purchased a 'Travels Accessories' iPod and MP3 Charger kit which should allow me to charge them via a mains adaptor and also via a car charger which plugs into the cigar lighter slot - both adaptors allow me to plug the USB connector into them. The mains adaptor works well but the car adaptor will not charge either unit - it does power them, proving that the connections are OK, but will not charge either of them. In an effort to resolve my problem, the supplier has sent me a replacement car charger which has been tested and works but it still does not charge either item. I even phoned Sony UK who could not offer any advice.
Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know how to overcome it?

2 Comments

Could it be a timescale thing when i charge iphone via usb on laptop or pc it takes forever!!

Original Poster

Thanks for comment but timescale is OK - they charge fairly quickly both from the PC and the mains adaptor.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75856
    2. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
    4. Win free gin for a year99

See more discussions