Groups
    EXPIRED

problems with virgin broadband and utorrent/sopcast

SuperEd
    everytime i run utorrent (not that often) and sopcast i cant open up any web pages until i close them ?

anybody have a fix ?

thanks in advance

10 Comments

Original Poster SuperEd

and in b4 'dont use them'

you could set the download priority to low on utorrent should free your net up a bit
    just to add right click on each of your downloads and set download priority to low also make sure you havent selected the grant all bandwith for this download option which i think will be done by right clicking the download.
    Edited by: "nightstud" 28th Feb 2011

Original Poster SuperEd

nightstud

you could set the download priority to low on utorrent should free your … you could set the download priority to low on utorrent should free your net up a bit

should i need to though ? on 30mb ? and it happens with even with just sopcast open
    Edited by: "goonertillidie" 28th Feb 2011

goonertillidie

should i need to though ? on 30mb ?

Virgin are the worst BB throttlers in the country. Their speeds are pointless as they throttle anything that makes them worthwhile.

Original Poster SuperEd

im sure there was a fix for virgin/utorrent last time about changing settings in utorrent but cant find it

goonertillidie

im sure there was a fix for virgin/utorrent last time about changing … im sure there was a fix for virgin/utorrent last time about changing settings in utorrent but cant find it

the only other fix i can think of is to change isp go with be there great.

change port? enable encryption?

p.s. are the web pages not loading 100% of the time or are they just really slow to load and timeout sometimes? Torrents sap your bandwidth so slow web browsing when a particularly fast one is downloading will always occur
    Edited by: "oldmanhouse" 28th Feb 2011

Original Poster SuperEd

oldmanhouse

change port? enable encryption?p.s. are the web pages not loading 100% of … change port? enable encryption?p.s. are the web pages not loading 100% of the time or are they just really slow to load and timeout sometimes? Torrents sap your bandwidth so slow web browsing when a particularly fast one is downloading will always occur

all the time, but some forums are mentioning turning off the firewall setting on the 'super hub' ?

seriously just do what i said before maybe just set it to medium priority should help you out

Tools>Internet Options>Connections(tab)>LAN Settings.

Make sure no proxy is set, and its Automatically detecting settings.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial78
      2. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1328
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415414088
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764334

See more discussions