Groups

Products for finding lost wallets

Evening all!

So I'm looking at buying a product that will allow me to find a lost item (e.g. wallet). I've seen a couple which look like they'll do the job, but if anybody has any recommendations, please do let me know.

So far, I'm aware of the following:

Nut Find3 - amazon.co.uk/Nut…nd3

Tile Slim - currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

What do you all think of these products, has anybody got these, and which would you recommend, or are there any others?

Thanks all

12 Comments

It depends if you got money in it or not. If you do then the best device is a female

i now use a mobile phone wallet holds all my card n cash

This is a great tracker for wallets keys etc.

Good thing about it is I have mine attached to my keys and I use my phone to locate it however you can also use the tracker to track your phone too by pressing the button on the tracker. so it works both ways. very small and slim too.

m.ebay.co.uk/itm…r=1

I've got the tile and it's good but it is only a 1 year subscription I clouded in the price.

I have an original Tile in my wallet, but the only time I actually lost my wallet, it was useless.

Firstly it relies on your phone to provide the location, so if (as in my case) you lose it in an area with no signal then - no location stored. In fact I find the 'rough' location element to be patchy at best.

Secondly the bluetooth connection seems slow. I lost my wallet in a street covered in leaves in the dark, and was within 5 metres (no obstacles) of the eventual location of my wallet for 2-3 minutes and it didn't connect enabling me to get the tile to bleep.

We found it through good old fashioned looking for it, although due to the lack of connection I was just about to give up on the premise that if the tile app hadn't connected, it wasn't there.

If you think I was asking too much of bluetooth, I more recently misplaced my pebble watch. This was much easier to narrow down as my phone would drop the connection and pick up the connection when I went in and out of the room I'd left it in...

Original Poster

Evilmonkey

I have an original Tile in my wallet, but the only time I actually lost … I have an original Tile in my wallet, but the only time I actually lost my wallet, it was useless.Firstly it relies on your phone to provide the location, so if (as in my case) you lose it in an area with no signal then - no location stored. In fact I find the 'rough' location element to be patchy at best.Secondly the bluetooth connection seems slow. I lost my wallet in a street covered in leaves in the dark, and was within 5 metres (no obstacles) of the eventual location of my wallet for 2-3 minutes and it didn't connect enabling me to get the tile to bleep.We found it through good old fashioned looking for it, although due to the lack of connection I was just about to give up on the premise that if the tile app hadn't connected, it wasn't there.If you think I was asking too much of bluetooth, I more recently misplaced my pebble watch. This was much easier to narrow down as my phone would drop the connection and pick up the connection when I went in and out of the room I'd left it in...

Is the original Tile the one with the keyring on it? If so, how well did it fit in your wallet, as this one is cheaper than the slim version, so I am tempted to get this one.

Original Poster

nwressell

This is a great tracker for wallets keys etc.Good thing about it is I … This is a great tracker for wallets keys etc.Good thing about it is I have mine attached to my keys and I use my phone to locate it however you can also use the tracker to track your phone too by pressing the button on the tracker. so it works both ways. very small and slim too.http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/322317200262?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=20150313114020&meid=7198ff38aec94055affd54ab5c05d262&pid=100338&rk=4&rkt=26&sd=302127059865&_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726&_mwBanner=1

Thanks for the contribution!

Eden0032

Is the original Tile the one with the keyring on it? If so, how well did … Is the original Tile the one with the keyring on it? If so, how well did it fit in your wallet, as this one is cheaper than the slim version, so I am tempted to get this one.

That's the one. I just measured it and it's about the width of 5 credit cards. So it makes the waller fairly chunky.

It seems to work when you experiment with it, but like I said on the one occasion I've had to use it, it failed completely, so I cannot reccomend it.

Original Poster

Evilmonkey

That's the one. I just measured it and it's about the width of 5 credit … That's the one. I just measured it and it's about the width of 5 credit cards. So it makes the waller fairly chunky.It seems to work when you experiment with it, but like I said on the one occasion I've had to use it, it failed completely, so I cannot reccomend it.

Okay, thanks for the contribution!

If it gets really cheap in black friday deals, I may give it a go...shame there are no actual GPS trackers that fit in wallets (that I can find anyway).
    Edited by: "Eden0032" 20th Nov 2016

mercslkman

i now use a mobile phone wallet holds all my card n cash

That is putting all your eggs in one basket.

landros1

That is putting all your eggs in one basket.

well i have done it for the past 3 yrs now i only carry my phone instead of my phone and a wallet i find it far easier to carry one than carry two

mercslkman

well i have done it for the past 3 yrs now i only carry my phone instead … well i have done it for the past 3 yrs now i only carry my phone instead of my phone and a wallet i find it far easier to carry one than carry two

When your wallet is stolen (with credit/debit cards) the first thing you need is a moby to cancel all your cards.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How to get best deal on sky23
      2. HUKD new UI55
      3. Stream Showbox from Bluestacks?46
      4. Looking for mac book pro 15" deal?22

See more discussions