Products to eliminate/reduce smoke smell?

Found 13th Jul 2008
Yes, I know smoking is bad (trying to reduce now) I smoke while inside my flat. Its a long walk down in order to get outside so going out is not an option. I usually go into the washroom and turn on the fan so that it would suck up the smell. But I usually have to turn it on all day and I would much prefer to have something that can eliminate/reduce the smell without having to leave the fan all the time.

I know there are sprays but other than that, does anyone have any suggestions as to product available that can eliminate/reduce the smoke smell?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
15 Comments

My son smokes in his flat and burns scented candles in the evening. It does help with the smell, plug ins specifically for tobacco smells can also be used. Never leave your full ashtray out at the end of the night either, he always empties and washes it before bed.

Every year 1000's of people give up smoking with the help of NHS medication and patches, why not you ?

sabacer;2518711

Every year 1000's of people give up smoking with the help of NHS … Every year 1000's of people give up smoking with the help of NHS medication and patches, why not you ?

there speaks a non smoker lol
the op did say they were trying to reduce! The smell gets into everything so why not try fabreeze on fabrics in the room, and like bitseylango said there are scented candles and plug ins specifically for tobacco smells. Prices candles are good.

cant get on price's website right now, but these are the sort of thing i mean
]http//ww…492

It is best to eliminate the smell at the source! Just give up, safe money, and breathe fresh air.

Banned

sabacer;2518711

Every year 1000's of people give up smoking with the help of NHS … Every year 1000's of people give up smoking with the help of NHS medication and patches, why not you ?

Every year, about a million people try to quit smoking, 99% fail. Why?

csiman;2518764

Every year, about a million people try to quit smoking, 99% fail. Why?

Answer: They love the cigs too much to really want to.:-D

I have every sympathy with those trying to give up on smoking. It will take will power and determination to do so. The efffects on the body is a disease but smoking itself isn't. Let's face it, it took will power to start smoking (after going green at the gills and violently coughing), and it will take a great deal more to quit.
I tried smoking in my teenage years, but glad I quitted after the first one.

Banned

Predikuesi;2518777

Answer: They love the cigs too much to really want to.:-D

or maybe they are addicted perhaps? :thinking:

nicotine is proven to be a far more addictive drug than heroin.

Yep. I agree with you entirely.

Original Poster

thanks bitsey and bella
Checking out those candles now.

We can go on forever about why someone would smoke. At the moment, I am still smoking so I'm trying to find solution for the smell of smoke problem.

Theres a airfreshner called Nutradol?? spelling????? Thats supposed to be good

Predikuesi;2518777

Answer: They love the cigs too much to really want to.:-DI have every … Answer: They love the cigs too much to really want to.:-DI have every sympathy with those trying to give up on smoking. It will take will power and determination to do so. The efffects on the body is a disease but smoking itself isn't. Let's face it, it took will power to start smoking (after going green at the gills and violently coughing), and it will take a great deal more to quit. I tried smoking in my teenage years, but glad I quitted after the first one.

I'm glad i have never ever tried and i never want to. The smell is fowl, i visit my parents and my mum smokes and i come home and all i can smell is the smoke in my hair.
I make her stand out on the balcony when she comes here lol

Original Poster

Just bought some Prince's anti tobacco tealight. Thanks everyone!

goodsphere

febreeze

octobergirl;2519842

goodsphere

Aii, the smelly brain creature...

http://www.livingiseasy.co.uk/images/GOODSPHERE_Bubble_Spectrum_LED_Combo_SPRING_OFFER_All_in_one_Home_Ionising_Air_Cooling_Air_Purifying_and_Aromatherapy_with_on_off_switch_Includes_colour_changing_LED_plate_PLUS_FREE_Yellow_Bouquet_100ml_Essence_o.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Trouble submitting deals on Safari (Mac)33
    2. Dell 1250c Printing faint69
    3. any advice got a new washing machine11
    4. The cost of moving schools24

See more discussions