Groups

Professional CV - where to have one done and how much?

Hi, does anyone know how I would go about having my CV professionally drawn up and how much I might be looking at?

13 Comments

Original Poster

Does anyone have any Idea?

Google it?

Original Poster

angelfairee;3458253

Google it?

I have but I can't seem to see an indication of price, also looking for any recommendations.

bellabonkers;3458280

I have but I can't seem to see an indication of price, also looking for … I have but I can't seem to see an indication of price, also looking for any recommendations.

[URL="www.cvcl.co.uk"]http://www.cvcl.co.uk[/URL]

?

Original Poster

angelfairee;3458367

[URL="www.cvcl.co.uk"]http://www.cvcl.co.uk[/URL]?

thanks :oops: I looked and couldn't see...think i need bed and a fresh look in the morning!

bellabonkers;3458393

thanks :oops: I looked and couldn't see...think i need bed and a fresh … thanks :oops: I looked and couldn't see...think i need bed and a fresh look in the morning!

You could look in the yellow pages for local places that might do it so you could go in and ask? Or phone someone locally?

I duno! Good luck! & good night if you're going to bed xx

You sure you need to do it professionally? There are lots of good free templates and advice on CVs out there on the tinternet...

I've seen hundreds of these and most of the time they are not that good.
    I've seen the same CV with different names printed on the top...
    Do it yourself and I think you will have a better response.

What part of this are you having a problems with?
    layout
    content

Might be able to help if you are more specific.

My first tip is never go over 2 pages. I keep layout on mine very simple in design

Do it yourself it is easy to create a professional CV and as already mentioned CV's dont often mean a lot to employers.

Create a CV, keep it short and to the point (my CV is 1 page, but never go more than 2). Detail your "relevant" emplyment, relevant qualifications, relevant experience.

If you want to get it notice, use a thicker slightly coloured paper that way it catches the eye when lost in a stack of plain white CV's.

Original Poster

jah128;3458530

You sure you need to do it professionally? There are lots of good free … You sure you need to do it professionally? There are lots of good free templates and advice on CVs out there on the tinternet...

dmccabe;3459419

Do it yourself it is easy to create a professional CV and as already … Do it yourself it is easy to create a professional CV and as already mentioned CV's dont often mean a lot to employers.Create a CV, keep it short and to the point (my CV is 1 page, but never go more than 2). Detail your "relevant" emplyment, relevant qualifications, relevant experience.If you want to get it notice, use a thicker slightly coloured paper that way it catches the eye when lost in a stack of plain white CV's.

thanks for the advise guys. I'll have a good look around on the internet and see what I can do. I just don't want to end up out of a job and I'm trying to think of things that may help me.

Good quality paper is a good tip as well, I use heavyweight beige.

Guardian newspaper every Saturday have a CV clinic with examples etc for you to look at.

Banned

Good Luck BB x x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846232
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764367
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?32176
      4. The State on Ch411

See more discussions