profile map of california to new york please

12 replies
Found 10th Feb 2011
just wondering what the profile of this route looks like as the sierra nevada seems a some what daunting prospect, any help on a map of its profile would be great, distance is around 2,800miles i believe

12 Comments

We have dont the Montreal to San Fra and down to san diego and back to Montreal its a great trip well worth doing to cross the US, you can do it in 4 day non stop on the Greyhound Bus we took 2 week across and two weeks back stopping in Chicago Salt Lake Iowa, Idaho Vegas etc we would travel for one full day then stop for two - have a great time

Original Poster

octobergirl

We have dont the Montreal to San Fra and down to san diego and back to … We have dont the Montreal to San Fra and down to san diego and back to Montreal its a great trip well worth doing to cross the US, you can do it in 4 day non stop on the Greyhound Bus we took 2 week across and two weeks back stopping in Chicago Salt Lake Iowa, Idaho Vegas etc we would travel for one full day then stop for two - have a great time

..... interesting and thanks for replying but im after a profile map of a route from LA to NY because im looking at cycling it

joeprosho

..... interesting and thanks for replying but im after a profile map of a … ..... interesting and thanks for replying but im after a profile map of a route from LA to NY because im looking at cycling it

Remember you asking about the cycling last week, I know you thought he was a jerk but the round the world guy we spoke about would have done all this homework for you. Could you not check out his route?

You want a 3,000 mile profile map? Good luck with that!

Google maps any good?

View Larger Map
Edited by: "Goonieman" 10th Feb 2011

Original Poster

Goonieman

Google maps any good?View Larger Map

hmm i mean you can plot a route well enough but is there anyway to see a profile of the terrain? cause from the looks of things setting off in LA provides sum interesting terrain

PM you your e-mail address and I'll send you one.

Easy to rustle up in Google Earth Pro.

Original Poster

thanks very much bobbajob, if i could be so cheeky as to ask you for both routes one through las vegas and the other through new mexico, as id want to know which would be best

thoguht it was possible in google earth but the options were not on my obviously limited version

Use a motorbike, terrain won't matter!!

E-mail on the way.

Original Poster

cracking stuff bobba job thanks very much, so people know new mexico way was about a max height of 2,400 metres, but las vegas way was about 1km higher to climb... either way it looks pretty grim

No problem.

Glad works copy of Google Earth pro has been useful.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition61645
    2. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines11
    3. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers33
    4. Chat magazine issue 4323

See more discussions