Program to automatically name mp3 album tracks

10 replies
Found 7th Mar 2010
I download music and occaisionally the tracks have not been named. I mainly use iTunes as my music player so cannot be bothered to name all the tracks manually. Does anyone have any recomendations for a program that will automatically name them for me using the net?

10 Comments

]MediaMonkey is pretty good

Original Poster

Had a go with it but just seems to be an alternative to itunes. Doesn't want to update the track names as just leaves them as Various Artists and track 1,2 ,3 etc.

Windows media player also renames tracks from album listings online.

Banned

I think the OP wants something that may not exist. Namely, to work out the artist & track from a folder listing of lots of tracks such as track1.mp3 etc etc and name them properly.

Banned

csiman;8045516

I think the OP wants something that may not exist. Namely, to work out … I think the OP wants something that may not exist. Namely, to work out the artist & track from a folder listing of lots of tracks such as track1.mp3 etc etc and name them properly.

There is something out there that does this from folder names, but is pretty slow and requires a fair bit of user input to verify it's guesses. I used this yonks ago (so sorry - I don't have it's name - but there is such a beast.)

Banned

guv;8045573

There is something out there that does this from folder names, but is … There is something out there that does this from folder names, but is pretty slow and requires a fair bit of user input to verify it's guesses. I used this yonks ago (so sorry - I don't have it's name - but there is such a beast.)

I meant something that does it accurately. If it takes a fair bit of user input, then one might as well do it manually.

tag and rename is pretty good

Banned

csiman;8045646

I meant something that does it accurately. If it takes a fair bit of user … I meant something that does it accurately. If it takes a fair bit of user input, then one might as well do it manually.

True. Thats why I gave up on it! (It makes a suggestion and leaves a (?) to request acceptance or not)

inside101;8044949

]MediaMonkey is pretty good

This! It tags from Amazon.co.uk (or Amazon.com - your choice) - I do then then import into iTunes. :thumbsup:

]ID3-TagIT

This is decent software for tagging etc but as pointed out above . I don't think magic is in it's bag of tricks.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. MacBook33
    2. Gala Bingo/Games. Deposit £5 get £40 cashback. Quidco - new Gala members22
    3. Why can't I connect my nectar to eBay?58
    4. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!34

See more discussions