Groups

Programme to watch television on your computer with an aerial?

Can anyone recommend me some free software which enables me to watch freeview on my computer? I can plug an aerial into the back of my computer, I'm not looking to stream from the web.
    Rep for help.

12 Comments

Original Poster

PhearFactor;8006169

Try http://www.team-mediaportal.com/ MediaPortal

Will do thanks, rep added.

When I watched TV on my PC, my TV card came with software, Hauppauge Nova-T it was called or something.

There's a couple of decent programs out there, DVB Viewer (I think it's called). This one is free and quite easy to use. Something a lot more professional and robust is TSReader, which is quite complicated but some of the features are handy.

Banned

just use media centre

Original Poster

nickw90;8006198

When I watched TV on my PC, my TV card came with software, Hauppauge … When I watched TV on my PC, my TV card came with software, Hauppauge Nova-T it was called or something.There's a couple of decent programs out there, DVB Viewer (I think it's called). This one is free and quite easy to use. Something a lot more professional and robust is TSReader, which is quite complicated but some of the features are handy.

PC is second hand, only recently realised there was a TV card in, so i don' t know what software it came with. Thanks for advice.

Try pulling it out and googling any markings on it

From experience I can tell you that the majority of software bundled with these cards is poor. If for whatever reason your card doesn't work with Media Portal then you could also try videolan.org/vlc/ VLC. If your still having issues it could simply be that the TV card used is pretty cheap and nasty and a waste of space hehe.

bykergrove;8006220

just use media centre

^^ if using Windows 7 etc

Snailman;8006240

PC is second hand, only recently realised there was a TV card in, so i … PC is second hand, only recently realised there was a TV card in, so i don' t know what software it came with. Thanks for advice.

Is it DVB-T or just analogue?

Dont bother with any of the above as it is not needed just go to the web site tvcatchup.com/ and they can all bee seen on your lap top no ariel required.
    they also do radio channels, you have top register but its all free and it works great it also works on the iphone .

pootle1966;8006659

Dont bother with any of the above as it is not needed just go to the web … Dont bother with any of the above as it is not needed just go to the web site http://www.tvcatchup.com/ and they can all bee seen on your lap top no ariel required. they also do radio channels, you have top register but its all free and it works great it also works on the iphone .

OP said they weren't interested in streaming.

best would be to use media centre
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cat Chat76734
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767394
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1725
      4. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?55

See more discussions