Project xCloud (Preview) Registrations Open @ XBox Store

Posted 24th Sep
The much anticipated Project xCloud finally gets its preview and is now open for registration in 3 countries - unsurprisingly UK being one of them.

Its a first look at game streaming from the cloud and available to test by invite only.

You will need a Microsoft account to register. If you don’t have one, you can create an account for free during registration.
xbox.com/en-…ter

3299558.jpg
The upcoming Project xCloud preview will start with Gears 5, Halo 5: Guardians, Killer Instinct, and Sea of Thieves—then expand with more games over time.

More details here
Community Updates

Groups

21 Comments
Oh thanks for the heads up, it'll be interesting to see how this is. This year is full of game streaming
Registered now the wait begins.....
Garbage that it’s android only....I want iOS or switch access
With the decline of consoles in Asia and along with having great internet, Project xCloud will surely see success in that part of the world. The future of gaming is looking very bright for Microsoft and Xbox!
.Yoshi.25/09/2019 00:38

With the decline of consoles in Asia and along with having great internet, …With the decline of consoles in Asia and along with having great internet, Project xCloud will surely see success in that part of the world. The future of gaming is looking very bright for Microsoft and Xbox!

Couldn't agree more - especially if they can lower the threshold further on the devices needed - then it definitely has a mass market reach - internet and mobile usage is booming in Asia in general.
matwalaboy25/09/2019 00:40

Couldn't agree more - especially if they can lower the threshold further …Couldn't agree more - especially if they can lower the threshold further on the devices needed - then it definitely has a mass market reach - internet and mobile usage is booming in Asia in general.

Strong rumours Microsoft will be acquiring/opening new game studios in Japan which will attract an even larger audience to Xbox Game Pass and Project xCloud. PC gamers are already flooding in to the Xbox ecosystem and the future has never looked so bright!
.Yoshi.25/09/2019 00:52

Strong rumours Microsoft will be acquiring/opening new game studios in …Strong rumours Microsoft will be acquiring/opening new game studios in Japan which will attract an even larger audience to Xbox Game Pass and Project xCloud. PC gamers are already flooding in to the Xbox ecosystem and the future has never looked so bright!

I suppose its about time - with both Sony and Nintendo originating from Japan - also with Korea still such a major game market that Microsoft has a strong regional foothold.
I am getting an error when registering on the site. Maybe busy
farrisp25/09/2019 07:59

I am getting an error when registering on the site. Maybe busy

M sure their servers are being hammrered right now - give it a retry in a bit, should go through.
I wonder how much data it uses to stream if not on wifi...
.Yoshi.25/09/2019 15:09

Comment deleted

Hey, moved this from retailer offers to Misc & Gaming.

Will review regarding pins
goonertillidie25/09/2019 15:35

Hey, moved this from retailer offers to Misc & Gaming.Will review …Hey, moved this from retailer offers to Misc & Gaming.Will review regarding pins

Now pinned in misc
Still can't get registered, either they have enough participants or servers are overwhelmed, will keep trying though

Now registered
Edited by: "EuroGamer" 25th Sep
.Yoshi.25/09/2019 00:38

With the decline of consoles in Asia and along with having great internet, …With the decline of consoles in Asia and along with having great internet, Project xCloud will surely see success in that part of the world. The future of gaming is looking very bright for Microsoft and Xbox!

also for people like me who want to game, even casually, but can't be bothered with buying the consoles. game streaming is the next frontier in the streaming wars. we now have the tech and the hardware (generally) to make this happen. play game on your tv, then carry on the game on your mobile. bring. it .on
Thanks @.Yoshi. for getting this pinned and also to @goonertillidie - I think this will benefit fellow gamers here. This is why I sometimes feel the new rules are a bit naff - coz they just get lost in the discussions world that sometimes no one reads
Can't believe they've put carrier as Orange :/ and no EE listed lol
38560848-kcEPH.jpg
38560848-oDKWr.jpg
.Yoshi.28/09/2019 00:05

[Image] [Image]

Wow that’s a cool giveaway, doubt they’d do that here in the UK
Got my email this evening and installed the Xbox Game Streaming preview app onto my Note 9.
So far so good was playing GOW 5 (which if not known if you don't own you can still play with the games listed) launched my Google assistant during some dialogue in the tutorial.
Still besides that performance was fine on home WiFi.
EuroGamer17/10/2019 21:37

Got my email this evening and installed the Xbox Game Streaming preview …Got my email this evening and installed the Xbox Game Streaming preview app onto my Note 9.So far so good was playing GOW 5 (which if not known if you don't own you can still play with the games listed) launched my Google assistant during some dialogue in the tutorial. Still besides that performance was fine on home WiFi.

Fab stuff, I need to check my email too and see if I got lucky
Ha! Also works on my Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) version
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants