Found 14th Oct 2016
I'm thinking of upgrading my hd65 720p projector to a 1080p model. I'm thinking either the hd141x or the w1070+ I can get the benq for maybe £50 more so price isn't really much of a concern just want the best picture for gaming and films. Anyone have any thoughts?

1. Ask
  2. Projector
4 Comments

I have the BenQ W1070 and would thoroughly recommend it, was very impressed with the value for money of it when I bought it 2/3 years ago. Sadly it will be going soon as don't really have the right room anymore.

Edited by: "ipswich78" 14th Oct 2016

Original Poster

ipswich78

I have the BenQ W1070 and would thoroughly recommend it, was very … I have the BenQ W1070 and would thoroughly recommend it, was very impressed with the value for money of it when I bought it 2/3 years ago. Sadly it will be going soon as don't really have the right room anymore.

Hey thanks for the reply. I think the benq is a bit better but I measured the distance and looks like it will be a bit too far for the image to fit on my screen so went for the hd141x.

badasschris

Hey thanks for the reply. I think the benq is a bit better but I measured … Hey thanks for the reply. I think the benq is a bit better but I measured the distance and looks like it will be a bit too far for the image to fit on my screen so went for the hd141x.

The newer version of the BenQ is a short throw projector, would be a lot more suitable for my needs but wasn't available at my time of purchase. Ultimately I very much doubt you'll notice the difference between the BenQ and the Optoma. Get yourself a decent screen and sound setup and you'll thoroughly enjoy it.

Original Poster

ipswich78

The newer version of the BenQ is a short throw projector, would be a lot … The newer version of the BenQ is a short throw projector, would be a lot more suitable for my needs but wasn't available at my time of purchase. Ultimately I very much doubt you'll notice the difference between the BenQ and the Optoma. Get yourself a decent screen and sound setup and you'll thoroughly enjoy it.

Well I've been really happy with my 720p optoma for the past 8 or so years so I'm sure this will be a nice upgrade and even if its not quite as good I won't know anyway.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941396
    2. Marmite1823
    3. Krack WiFi vuln1121
    4. UBER can be a waste of money1019

See more discussions