Groups

Projector help needed

Hi
    I have my ps3 connected to my projector with a hdmi to dvi cable, which works fine.
    I have now wish to connect my xbox 360 elite to it also, is there a switch of some sort i can get so i can share the dvi port on my projector?
    the projector does have a vga socket also but the quality of gameplay is shocking.
    also the other problem i have is my ps3 is connected to my home cinema system via optical for sound i also wish to connect my 360 to it via optical if at all possible. my homecinema only has one optical port though.

rep will be added for useful help
    thanks

13 Comments

This may ]help

or ]this but might be a tad overkill for your needs.

Rep for using a projector

Original Poster

DKLS;7934877

This may ]helplooks good but would prefer to use opticalor ]this but … This may ]helplooks good but would prefer to use opticalor ]this but might be a tad overkill for your needs.defos what i need but the price is putting me offRep for using a projector

thanks lol soo much better than a tv will leave some rep now

I use VGA for my xbox and the pic is fine...I do use a projector screen though :?

Original Poster

vga is fine on a tv but on the projector its not a fine image quality looks pixilated

Not on mine :? and mine is far from top of the range :oops:

Original Poster

might have a flaky lead then also i need the lead to be about 15m long like my ps3 one is

indianbelters;7935205

might have a flaky lead then also i need the lead to be about 15m long … might have a flaky lead then also i need the lead to be about 15m long like my ps3 one is

Heh yeah - i had to use an extender from an old kvm cable I had.
    Have you tried changing the screen settings within the Xbox as well?
    Then again, maybe my expectations aren't high as I don't have HD tv lol

Original Poster

lol yeh i fiddled with the settings through the xbox but no joy also i have just been looking on amazon and they sell dvi splitters so i'm wondering if i connected the splitter into the projector and then had 2 sepearate cablles going to my ps3 and xbox 360 then i know i can buy optical slpitters also

Original Poster

bumppppppppppppppppp

Original Poster

bumppppppppppppppppp

Original Poster

bumppppppppppppppppp

vga will do 1080p just fine. Get the official vga cable and a decent extender

Thats what I use and I get a perfect pic
    :thumbsup:

Original Poster

what extender do i need can you please send me a link thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Furniture Sliders44
      2. Sun savers11
      3. SCS add ons... are they worth it??36
      4. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early33