Groups

projector installation queries

I am hoping to remove TV from my living room and instead install a projector based home theatre system. Was wondering if any one here has an idea about the approximate cost of installation only for a projector on the ceiling with power and audio video cabling through the walls.

What would a tradesman usually charge in Home Counties?

Also any idea on a good projector within 300 to 400 0budget?
    Thanks

2 Comments

projector won't replace a TV unless you want to sit in a darkened room all the time. With an optoma projector with 2 HDMI & USB sockets you could have a firestick &/or chromecast hooked up with no long wires. The only wire would then be a power lead & or a 3.5 audio wire to connect to an amp/5.1....I own the Opto.a DS348 & setup properly its great & I only paid £200 from Very, the 3d function works a treat..I also have an 84" Optoma screen

Original Poster

Thanks @pauljgrice your first statement made me stop buying the projector. Thanks for saving my money.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Nintendo Ships Every Switch With a Hidden NES Emulator23
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553760
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826345
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767183

See more discussions