Projectors

Found 22nd Mar 2017
I'm thinking of getting a projector, to use outside. I have no previous experience with projectors, so was hoping for some advice on what to buy, or what to look for/beware of. I want something 1080p, portable, so I can quickly and easily take it down and store it indoors, and I'll be projecting onto a screen about 92 inch. I'll be using an hdmi input. And lastly, do projectors just have an audio out to go straight to speakers?
Cheers

1. Ask
  2. Projector
12 Comments

Look into the Optoma HD141X, its a solid performer

Original Poster

Sandy1012

Look into the Optoma HD141X, its a solid performer

Will do....cheers

to use outside ? during the day or at night ? If its in the day your **** In the wind without spending a fortune. What do you want to display on it ? Most projectors will have a 3.5mm out, this would require powered speakers or an amp.

I use a BENQ W1070, and it's fantastic - beats the HD141X in all reviews I've seen.

As mentioned above, outdoor use will be quite terrible in daylight

I have a Bose speaker that I connect via aux cable and that works very well

mango.carrot

I use a BENQ W1070, and it's fantastic - beats the HD141X in all reviews … I use a BENQ W1070, and it's fantastic - beats the HD141X in all reviews I've seen. As mentioned above, outdoor use will be quite terrible in daylightI have a Bose speaker that I connect via aux cable and that works very well

I had this model of BENQ and was mightily impressed by it. First time with tech I had bought something and my expectations were exceeded.

The higher the lummins the better, but they are much more expensive.

Original Poster

Britneyfan

to use outside ? during the day or at night ? If its in the day your **** … to use outside ? during the day or at night ? If its in the day your **** In the wind without spending a fortune. What do you want to display on it ? Most projectors will have a 3.5mm out, this would require powered speakers or an amp.

I'm building an outdoor bar, so, hopefully, the idea is to have a screen on a north facing wall, which is quite shaded, and then put a small canopy above it if needed. Is it unlikely to be any good?

Will more than likely be watching footbal, rugby, cricket, f1 etc
Edited by: "RuudBullit" 22nd Mar 2017

RuudBullit

I'm building an outdoor bar, so, hopefully, the idea is to have a screen … I'm building an outdoor bar, so, hopefully, the idea is to have a screen on a north facing wall, which is quite shaded, and then put a small canopy above it if needed. Is it unlikely to be any good?Will more than likely be watching footbal, rugby, cricket, f1 etc

​I think you'll be disappointed, even with a canopy.

Buy one from Amazon Warehouse, try it out and return if no use within 30 days for full refund.

don't think you stand a lot of chance outdoors, I work with a lot of different projectors including fairly bright 12-20k lumen, but even in a large wedding marquee outdoors you just cant beat the power of the sun. you would be better with just a normal tv and some sort of shade to block out the reflections on the screen. Projectors or only any use outside when its dark.

Original Poster

Britneyfan

don't think you stand a lot of chance outdoors, I work with a lot of … don't think you stand a lot of chance outdoors, I work with a lot of different projectors including fairly bright 12-20k lumen, but even in a large wedding marquee outdoors you just cant beat the power of the sun. you would be better with just a normal tv and some sort of shade to block out the reflections on the screen. Projectors or only any use outside when its dark.

yeah i may have to have a rethink

I used to do a job where we would put a 12k projector in a room that had lots of windows, we would put a blackout tent up around the projector and a box it all In to reduce the light, but as soon as the sun came round to the front of the screen it washed it all out and was suddenly invisible.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants