Groups

projects for a little boy

hi I was just wondering would anyone have any good ideas for project a 6 yr old boy can do. many thanks

22 Comments

coding project on a raspberry pi? or build a fort?

Original Poster

thanks

airfix

Chimney sweep?

build a castle from lego

ibblackberry1

build a castle from lego

Would be cheaper to build a real one

Banned

wow, must be intelligent .

paper mache space ship from a plastic bottle and then paint
    grow seeds from pips or cress or herbs
    make a map like a treasure map
    make cards for family members

Original Poster

thanks for all the suggestions guys

suezygirl

paper mache space ship from a plastic bottle and then paint grow seeds … paper mache space ship from a plastic bottle and then paint grow seeds from pips or cress or herbsmake a map like a treasure mapmake cards for family members

I remember building one of these a long time ago
    http://surprisemaken.picobit.nl/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/papier-mache-dinosaurier.jpg

archer1204

I remember building one of these a long time ago

nice , how old were you . ? its suprising what u can make with paper mache !

I remember making a radio when I was younger, so something like that or maybe try something like an engine (Link) or a mars rover (Link).
    Edited by: "Agaeti" 8th Sep 2016

suezygirl

nice , how old were you . ? its suprising what u can make with paper … nice , how old were you . ? its suprising what u can make with paper mache !

I am guessing but i think between 6-8 years but i know i had help with my parents i think i ended up with more glue and paper mache in my hair than on dippy thats what i called him but it was fun and he lasted a while and reasonably cheap.

archer1204

I am guessing but i think between 6-8 years but i know i had help with my … I am guessing but i think between 6-8 years but i know i had help with my parents i think i ended up with more glue and paper mache in my hair than on dippy thats what i called him but it was fun and he lasted a while and reasonably cheap.

its amazing that you remember something that cost so little and forget more expensive things, my son remembers things that i cant believe for example last minute picnics and making stuff at home, digging holes on beach , really simple stuff , nice really

suezygirl

its amazing that you remember something that cost so little and forget … its amazing that you remember something that cost so little and forget more expensive things, my son remembers things that i cant believe for example last minute picnics and making stuff at home, digging holes on beach , really simple stuff , nice really

True i think its because its so hands on etc

archer1204

True i think its because its so hands on etc

i agree kids love time spent with them and getting hands on .

suezygirl

i agree kids love time spent with them and getting hands on .

Also doesn't have to be expensive as well whats the price of a few coat hangers paper and glue

archer1204

Also doesn't have to be expensive as well whats the price of a few coat … Also doesn't have to be expensive as well whats the price of a few coat hangers paper and glue

yes , my brother sat for hours with my son and made the thunderbirds vehicles with him as we couldnt get them from shops for his birthday , pop bottles, fairy liquid and sellotape , then paper glued over and painted, he cherished those vehicles and still has them as a grown up young man , they were fab and still are, priceless memories x

archer1204

Found this one if your a fan of nemo … Found this one if your a fan of nemo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZRppiG1mmU

nice idea

One of the best things I did as a kid was a model hot air balloon out of paper mashi. Just blow up a balloon and cover it in newspaper soaked in flower and water paste. great fun popping it when dry and then painting it. Make a cardboard box as the basket and add some string then hang it from the ceiling :-)

Original Poster

thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2481
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7201356
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2976
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047151

See more discussions