Property price paid

Posted 17th Jan
Hello
I am used to looking on Rightmove to see sold prices but there are a couple of houses which are not yet showing. However, if I go on land registry website I can pay for the title to see the price paid. Is there anyway of getting this information for free without relying on Rightmove? I presume Rightmove only updates every so often?
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
I have also tried gov.uk/sea…ces but it doesn’t have all the results - in fact hardly any
nethouseprices.com/

Should give prices sold. Takes several weeks though for a sold property to show the price though.
The land registry will show, for free, the price paid for houses, but it takes a few months from completion for the data to go through. Most these other sites get their information from the land registry, so you're likely to find the same information everywhere.
rmjowen17/01/2020 10:58

The land registry will show, for free, the price paid for houses, but it …The land registry will show, for free, the price paid for houses, but it takes a few months from completion for the data to go through. Most these other sites get their information from the land registry, so you're likely to find the same information everywhere.

I used to think same, but I have seen numerous instances where unavailable info at LR website is openly available via 3rd parties such as mouseprice.com/ where the 3rd parties especially seem to present far more historic info than available directly from LR website. Genuinely not clear where the 3rd parties can obtain that historic detail.
I used to have access to Land Registry through work and used it regularly, the useful thing is because you actually see the title plans and copies of deeds where available, it can be easily searched and documents contained showed who holds the charge on the property(mortgage) as the figure paid is recorded on the official documents and downloadable, I would be surprised if private companies could get this quicker
It takes 3months for RightMove to show the sold prices.
I only know this because I’ve just sold my house but a neighbour had theirs up for sale (and sold) the month previous. We was asking for slightly more on ours, and i kept checking to see what offer they took on theirs in the end. And it came up on the “Nearby Sold Prices” exactly 3months to the day of sale.
Edited by: "Chrisstara" 17th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants