Groups

Protection when selling jackets on ebay

Hi, I am selling some very expensive jackets on ebay and was wondering if there was anything I needed to know that would help keep me protected in the transaction. I already know I should send by Special delivery guaranteed, and would like to know if there is anything else I should do. I am confident in the condition of my item and would not false represent them online.

9 Comments

Apart from taking photos and sending it special delivery your hands are still in the fate of Ebay and paypal if used.
    I have been thinking of selling my £1000 Belstaff but I would only sell it cash on collection if using Ebay.

There's not really much more you can do than abide by the seller protection rules. You can protect from INR. You won't really be able to protect yourself from SNAD.

1. Post within 7 days of payment (although you should be posting when your listings says you will).
    2. Post only to the address listed on the payment transaction when you log into Paypal.
    3. Post using a trackable method with online tracking - Special delivery is perfect.

Also you should retain your proof of posting for 180 days in the event of a chargeback rather than an INR/SNAD claim.

Good luck.

The main issue you may face is item not as described or someone saying the item is fake.
    I did see someone on here buy a £200+ jacket from Australia and before it had even arrived was asking on here about claiming it was fake.
    So with dodgy people like that around you do have to be very careful. Ebay usually immediately ring fence the money until it's investigation has completed. usually with a counterfeit claim the buyer gets a full refund and keeps the item. You would then have to prove to ebay it's authenticity.. If they have already ruled against you, they will possibly tell you to claim against ebay and offer you about 20% of the value of the item..
    My experience of this was not a counterfeit item but an item of clothing that was New with tags.. Had been worn washed and ripped..
    buyer got a total refund for sending me a rag back.. Not bad for a £90 pair of G-Star combats. Ebay admitted they made a mistake and said I had to sent the damaged combats to USA address and offered me £20. I refused that and never got a reply!!
    Edited by: "Dawsy" 13th Feb

Sellers getting protection from ebay? you having a laugh, keep dreaming xD

Safest to ensure no potential chargebacks from questionable buyers is cash on collection, in a suitably "safe" environment. Suggestion assumes you are capable of recognising counterfeit cash.

AndyRoyd

Safest to ensure no potential chargebacks from questionable buyers is … Safest to ensure no potential chargebacks from questionable buyers is cash on collection, in a suitably "safe" environment. Suggestion assumes you are capable of recognising counterfeit cash.

​I think that this is actually a big no no.. Unless cash.. but to be honest from a buying point of view are you gonna meet a guy who refuses to post and will only sell you the jacket out of his car boot.. I often buy luxury jackets this way. NOT. more like a fake stone Island trade imo

Original Poster

I feel like if I did cash on collection, it would limit the number of people that would buy the jackets, and then they wouldnt sell

You're actually not allowed to list anything with just a cash on collection option on eBay. PayPal is mandatory.

mtuk1

You're actually not allowed to list anything with just a cash on … You're actually not allowed to list anything with just a cash on collection option on eBay. PayPal is mandatory.

Funny how its mandatory yet they give a tick box that has to be ticked otherwise you cant list it. Cunning MF's.
    20 years on and they still have people by the balls.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Martin Lewis explains your Ryanair cancellation rights.45
      2. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1445
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1316
      4. iPhone X 256GB for £569 on O2 - Pre Order1118

See more discussions