Expired

Protein Bar Recipe No Peanut Butter

Found 28th Feb 2014
Hi all, do you know of any good recipes for protein bars/flapjack?

Just after simple recipes really, just no peanut butter. Thanks
Community Updates
10 Comments
Here's one I love that i got from HERE

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups (140g) of porridge oats
A heaped 1/2 cup (150g) of CRUNCHY peanut butter
1 cup of chocolate whey (3 scoops) (I have used both Optimum Nutrition and STC)
125ml-ish of skimmed milk
Tablespoon of honey

1. Add the oats and the whey to a mixing bowl and give a quick mix
2. Add the milk and peanut butter
3. Get stuck in with your hands!!! (You HAVE to do this! No Spoons!!)
4. Place into non stick tray and pat down to about and inch thick (you may wish to line with greaseproof paper)
5. Drizzle the top with honey (you may wish to leave it out, but I think it makes the bar)
6. Chill in the fridge for 30 min (meanwhile, pre heat oven to 180 C/Gas mark 6)
7. Bake in oven for 6 minutes
8. Leave to cool (pick at if you wish!)
9. Whilst in the pan, slice into bars with a knife (leave in the pan)
10. Put into fridge overnight to settle (tastes much better this way)
simplyjimbo

Here's one I love that i got from HEREIngredients1 1/2 cups (140g) of … Here's one I love that i got from HEREIngredients1 1/2 cups (140g) of porridge oatsA heaped 1/2 cup (150g) of CRUNCHY peanut butter1 cup of chocolate whey (3 scoops) (I have used both Optimum Nutrition and STC)125ml-ish of skimmed milkTablespoon of honey1. Add the oats and the whey to a mixing bowl and give a quick mix2. Add the milk and peanut butter3. Get stuck in with your hands!!! (You HAVE to do this! No Spoons!!)4. Place into non stick tray and pat down to about and inch thick (you may wish to line with greaseproof paper)5. Drizzle the top with honey (you may wish to leave it out, but I think it makes the bar)6. Chill in the fridge for 30 min (meanwhile, pre heat oven to 180 C/Gas mark 6)7. Bake in oven for 6 minutes8. Leave to cool (pick at if you wish!) 9. Whilst in the pan, slice into bars with a knife (leave in the pan) 10. Put into fridge overnight to settle (tastes much better this way)

NO peanut butter....
oops just realised. Still great recipe for those who may be interested
do the recipe without peanut butter?
kylewalker

do the recipe without peanut butter?

ADD marmite instead
simplyjimbo

Here's one I love that i got from HEREIngredients1 1/2 cups (140g) of … Here's one I love that i got from HEREIngredients1 1/2 cups (140g) of porridge oatsA heaped 1/2 cup (150g) of CRUNCHY peanut butter1 cup of chocolate whey (3 scoops) (I have used both Optimum Nutrition and STC)125ml-ish of skimmed milkTablespoon of honey1. Add the oats and the whey to a mixing bowl and give a quick mix2. Add the milk and peanut butter3. Get stuck in with your hands!!! (You HAVE to do this! No Spoons!!)4. Place into non stick tray and pat down to about and inch thick (you may wish to line with greaseproof paper)5. Drizzle the top with honey (you may wish to leave it out, but I think it makes the bar)6. Chill in the fridge for 30 min (meanwhile, pre heat oven to 180 C/Gas mark 6)7. Bake in oven for 6 minutes8. Leave to cool (pick at if you wish!) 9. Whilst in the pan, slice into bars with a knife (leave in the pan) 10. Put into fridge overnight to settle (tastes much better this way)

How long do these last? Or do you have to eat them within a day?
krazyasif786

How long do these last? Or do you have to eat them within a day?

First time around, they'll last you a couple of days if you get addicted to them. I tend to get about a week out of them
simplyjimbo

Thanks jimbo! But yeah no peanut butter, anyone know of an alternative?
best option just look on you tube.... i follow this guy - everything he does is protein based and some really good and useful tips.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi6v2iv_jMxCoYRBQQi7zg

i like cooking n baking anyways spent alot of time trying and sampling.

let us know how u get on!
Lucifer_UK

best option just look on you tube.... i follow this guy - everything he … best option just look on you tube.... i follow this guy - everything he does is protein based and some really good and useful tips.https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi6v2iv_jMxCoYRBQQi7zgi like cooking n baking anyways spent alot of time trying and sampling.let us know how u get on!

Thanks very much mate! Will have a look!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions