Protein intake

Posted 18th May
Hi, does anyone know what would be the ideal amount of protein intake x bodyweight would be for a person looking to maintain and put on muscle mass but at the same time not bulk, if that makes any sense?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Depends on many many factors, I'll dm you as i don't want to take up the entire thread.
Edited by: "Jordan_Taylor" 18th May
I believe different studies have produced different findings.
As a general rule 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight is popular.
Personally I think around 0.75 is enough for non bodybuilding juiced up people.
The quality of the protein is important too.
If you’re going to take it on seriously, you’ll want to experiment with your macros to see how your own body responds.
Depends on a lot of things, sex, age, how active you are, current body weight, etc
JumpMan198018/05/2020 17:09

I believe different studies have produced different findings. As a general …I believe different studies have produced different findings. As a general rule 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight is popular.Personally I think around 0.75 is enough for non bodybuilding juiced up people.The quality of the protein is important too. If you’re going to take it on seriously, you’ll want to experiment with your macros to see how your own body responds.

This
If you're a woman you're not going to be able to put on loads of muscle in any case. Female hormones aren't particularly on your side to achieve this. Work out as much as you can push yourself. Don't look at insanely jacked female bodybuilders who are on testosterone. The already quoted amount of protein should suit you fine.
Edited by: "MildmanneredCalvin" 18th May
MildmanneredCalvin18/05/2020 20:03

If you're a woman you're not going to be able to put on loads of muscle in …If you're a woman you're not going to be able to put on loads of muscle in any case. Female hormones aren't particularly on your side to achieve this. Work out as much as you can push yourself. Don't look at insanely jacked female bodybuilders who are on testosterone. The already quoted amount of protein should suit you fine.

Please don't listen to this guy

Obviously doesn't know much at all, there's loads of female competitors who are natty in both strength and physique disciplines.

Edit : nice comment edit now your closer to the truth

And also protein doesn't equal muscle.
Jordan_Taylor18/05/2020 20:06

Please don't listen to this guyObviously doesn't know much at all, there's …Please don't listen to this guyObviously doesn't know much at all, there's loads of female competitors who are natty in both strength and physique disciplines.Edit : nice comment edit now your closer to the truthAnd also protein doesn't equal muscle.

Wow, epic levels of pomposity in your reply Mr. Schwarzenegger. Who died and made you God?
MildmanneredCalvin18/05/2020 20:22

Wow, epic levels of pomposity in your reply Mr. Schwarzenegger. Who died …Wow, epic levels of pomposity in your reply Mr. Schwarzenegger. Who died and made you God?

Like i Said @kat_1990

You seem rather triggered because i questioned your orginal statement which is weird considered this is a discussion thread.

No one died and there is no need to throw a paddy, there's loads of people she can look towards for inspiration that aren't on any form of PEDs.
Egg broccoli chicken beans X3 a day
Jordan_Taylor18/05/2020 20:06

Please don't listen to this guyObviously doesn't know much at all, there's …Please don't listen to this guyObviously doesn't know much at all, there's loads of female competitors who are natty in both strength and physique disciplines.Edit : nice comment edit now your closer to the truthAnd also protein doesn't equal muscle.

Hi Jordan, would you summarise your response to OP question. Appreciate you saying not want to take up entire thread but am personally interested in your opinion. Also please confirm what you mean by protein doesn’t equal muscle? Am I correct in thinking of the need for carbs too!?
Jordan_Taylor18/05/2020 20:37

Like i Said @kat_1990 You seem rather triggered because i …Like i Said @kat_1990 You seem rather triggered because i questioned your orginal statement which is weird considered this is a discussion thread. No one died and there is no need to throw a paddy, there's loads of people she can look towards for inspiration that aren't on any form of PEDs.

OK pal, first of all since we're having a discussion, I'd appreciate you also get on board with this and stop sounding so condescending. You didn't question, you just attacked. Don't now take the moral high ground when you threw down the gauntlet initially being incredibly rude. Watch your language next time.
Edited by: "MildmanneredCalvin" 19th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions