Protein Powder Substitute

Posted 1st Apr
bit of a weird question but I make mass gainers. currently cant go gym and I do home workouts less frequently. therefore, I want to continue making mass gainers but dont want to keep using the protein powder even when I'm not working out that day. so, is there anything else I can use which would have the same taste/ consistency in a shake

thanks for the help!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

20 Comments
Why do you not want to keep taking protein shakes? Also, you want the taste of protein or the flavour of the protein?
4ndy801/04/2020 19:52

Why do you not want to keep taking protein shakes? Also, you want the …Why do you not want to keep taking protein shakes? Also, you want the taste of protein or the flavour of the protein?

Just the flavour. Forgot to mention itll get expensive if I keep taking them
deals6901/04/2020 19:55

Just the flavour. Forgot to mention itll get expensive if I keep taking …Just the flavour. Forgot to mention itll get expensive if I keep taking them

Protein powder is a lot cheaper than food. Especially with all the deals my protein do. Try frozen strawberries and banana and blend for flavour?
4ndy801/04/2020 19:57

Protein powder is a lot cheaper than food. Especially with all the deals …Protein powder is a lot cheaper than food. Especially with all the deals my protein do. Try frozen strawberries and banana and blend for flavour?

Ahh ok. Was looking for a substitute to use instead of protein powder for a substitute in a mass gainer in which I usually use oats, peanut butter, milk banana and honey
Seems a weird idea but you could try adding a spoonful of Slimfast powder just for taste/ texture. A £5 can would make 100 drinks.
Edited by: "captainbeaky" 1st Apr
captainbeaky01/04/2020 20:17

Seems a weird idea but you could try adding a spoonful of Slimfast …Seems a weird idea but you could try adding a spoonful of Slimfast powder just for taste/ texture. A £5 can would make 100 drinks.

Sounds like a good idea to be fair, willtry it out
So you want a replacement protein source for your high callorie shake?

Protein powder is more cost effective than most things, maybe buy a powder which doesn't have cheap flavourings?
Jordan_Taylor01/04/2020 23:44

So you want a replacement protein source for your high callorie …So you want a replacement protein source for your high callorie shake?Protein powder is more cost effective than most things, maybe buy a powder which doesn't have cheap flavourings?

Not looking for a protein source, just something that provides the same flavour. Thanks for the reply
deals6901/04/2020 23:46

Not looking for a protein source, just something that provides the same …Not looking for a protein source, just something that provides the same flavour. Thanks for the reply

Oh okay sorry, tbf probably worth still keeping your protein high enough but for a flavour use nesquik?
Jordan_Taylor01/04/2020 23:49

Oh okay sorry, tbf probably worth still keeping your protein high enough … Oh okay sorry, tbf probably worth still keeping your protein high enough but for a flavour use nesquik?

Ahh thanks for the suggestion. Seems like a good idea
deals6901/04/2020 23:50

Ahh thanks for the suggestion. Seems like a good idea

Out of curiosity why are you going with mass gainers over just more food in general?

Rice pudding / cream of rice is another source of decent carbs and callories.

Also cereal with protein shake instead of milk is another good one.
Jordan_Taylor01/04/2020 23:53

Out of curiosity why are you going with mass gainers over just more food …Out of curiosity why are you going with mass gainers over just more food in general? Rice pudding / cream of rice is another source of decent carbs and callories. Also cereal with protein shake instead of milk is another good one.

Would just be more convenient like when working, I can be sipping on it and for me, I think I find it much easier to intake liquid calories. Will have to try the rice pudding
deals6901/04/2020 23:56

Would just be more convenient like when working, I can be sipping on it …Would just be more convenient like when working, I can be sipping on it and for me, I think I find it much easier to intake liquid calories. Will have to try the rice pudding

I'd also look at Cardiff sports nutrition cream of rice, can be made in a shaker or in a microwave for a pudding like texture. I think it's £8 for a 1kg tub.
Jordan_Taylor02/04/2020 00:00

I'd also look at Cardiff sports nutrition cream of rice, can be made in a …I'd also look at Cardiff sports nutrition cream of rice, can be made in a shaker or in a microwave for a pudding like texture. I think it's £8 for a 1kg tub.

Found it, looks good and low in stock so must be a good sign appreciate it
deals6902/04/2020 00:05

Found it, looks good and low in stock so must be a good sign Found it, looks good and low in stock so must be a good sign appreciate it

No problem
You could use nesquick if it's just the flavour you want
knighty1YNWA03/04/2020 12:01

You could use nesquick if it's just the flavour you want

Sounds good thanks, seems like the way ahead
deals6903/04/2020 12:06

Sounds good thanks, seems like the way ahead

No problem mate that's what I used to do and a tub goes a long way
knighty1YNWA03/04/2020 12:40

No problem mate that's what I used to do and a tub goes a long way

Ohh did you do this for the same reason?
deals6903/04/2020 12:57

Ohh did you do this for the same reason?

Just for taste mate
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions