Protein Powders

Posted 14th May
Hi,

I currently use PhD Diet Whey to help me lose weight. I have one in the morning as breakfast and one in the evening, mainly to fill me up and stop me snacking.

It's pretty expensive though. Is there an alternative with roughly the same amount of protein? I'm new to all this really.

I looked at Slim Fast but the protein is much less, and I don't really get the difference between it and the whey powders.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
I don’t know about protein values, but have you checked out Huel
I believe ’my protein’ is one of the cheapest out there. I prefer optimum nutrition though. Better off with whey protein and some oats added or something?
Edited by: "D3LL80Y" 14th May
I'll tell you what I'm doing to lose weight, and that's not eating so much.
Works a treat.
Crustysock14/05/2020 22:00

I'll tell you what I'm doing to lose weight, and that's not eating so …I'll tell you what I'm doing to lose weight, and that's not eating so much.Works a treat.

Or lose weight the way the OP is by eating the same or more but with less overall calories?
BettySwollocks09814/05/2020 22:09

Or lose weight the way the OP is by eating the same or more but with less …Or lose weight the way the OP is by eating the same or more but with less overall calories?

I'm eating less. But it's hard so I'm looking for protein powder as I mentioned earlier.
Only way to loose weight is to be in a callorie deficit.

It won't help you loose weight but it will help you meet your macros

And whey protein is a really cheap source of protein...

I can get 2.1kg of per4m for 34.95
102 callories
Premium flavorings
21g per serving
67 servings
No amino spiking, correct protein %

I at the moment use cnp cereal milk flavoured protein and strom sports nutrition velociwhey custard Cream flavour (has velositol for increasing muscle protein synthesis)
Edited by: "Jordan_Taylor" 14th May
Robloxian14/05/2020 22:12

I'm eating less. But it's hard so I'm looking for protein powder as I …I'm eating less. But it's hard so I'm looking for protein powder as I mentioned earlier.

Don't waste your money, HONESTLY.
If you want any help working out your macros @Robloxian feel free to drop me a dm.

Hope you enjoy your weight loss journey, its really easy if you keep to your calories and keep to your macros
Crustysock14/05/2020 23:09

Don't waste your money, HONESTLY.

Please explain why protein powder is a waste of money? I buy 5kg which is 200 servings and it costs me £40. That’s 20 pence per serving which is 20g of protein per 97 calories. Please explain how else I can get 20 grams of protein for less than 20 pence and I’ll happy give you a thumbs up buddy.
If you’re not making gains give Jordan a DM ^
Jordan_Taylor14/05/2020 23:13

If you want any help working out your macros @Robloxian feel free to drop …If you want any help working out your macros @Robloxian feel free to drop me a dm.Hope you enjoy your weight loss journey, its really easy if you keep to your calories and keep to your macros

I have no idea what macro's are, but thank you lol
Kratos6915/05/2020 00:33

Please explain why protein powder is a waste of money? I buy 5kg which is …Please explain why protein powder is a waste of money? I buy 5kg which is 200 servings and it costs me £40. That’s 20 pence per serving which is 20g of protein per 97 calories. Please explain how else I can get 20 grams of protein for less than 20 pence and I’ll happy give you a thumbs up buddy. If you’re not making gains give Jordan a DM ^

Ahahah, thanks man

Please explain why protein powder is a waste of money? I buy 5kg which is …Please explain why protein powder is a waste of money? I buy 5kg which is 200 servings and it costs me £40. That’s 20 pence per serving which is 20g of protein per 97 calories. Please explain how else I can get 20 grams of protein for less than 20 pence and I’ll happy give you a thumbs up buddy. If you’re not making gains give Jordan a DM ^

The only gains that I make are on my big fat gut from drinking too much booze

5kg for 40 quid..,,where from
@Robloxian protein powders are indeed very convenient, but have you considered eliminating carbs for a while? Eggs are a cheap super food, and mixed nuts and jerky are great for snacking. A little off topic I know, but just a more nutritious option to think about.
I don’t know why JT didn’t tag me in on this one but luckily for you OP I’ve stumbled across your thread

Are you replacing entire meals with protein drinks? I hope not

I use myprotein however I am always reluctant to recommend protein powders to anyone after all if they were good for you they ‘would grow on trees’

While I salute you for working toward weight loss you are probably better off eating whole foods that still fill you up until your next meal but are not too big that they stop you losing some weight (this is where you may have to educate yourself on macros/ counting calories) If not you are literally shooting in the dark

Are you exercising? Increasing muscle mass is a sure fire way to increase your basal metabolic rate and therefore the amount of calories you can consume without gaining fat.

Honestly, there’s a bit more to it that can be addressed here
My scales insulted me yesterday, Like, automated and said I'd made a mistake..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions