EXPIRED

protesters smashing windows and throwing smoke bombs into rbs building

SuperEd
on sky news

65 Comments

[COLOR="Purple"]...rbs?[/COLOR]

Complete and utter idiots .......

They'll probably say it was an April Fool's prank.

Original Poster SuperEd

now broken in the RBS building

Banned

Aparently there are a wunch of bankers hanging out of the windows with £10 notes shouting "loads a money".

Personally, I'd like to see those he think it clever to taunt like that, get pulled out of the building and face thier objects of humour. Then after, the old bill give them all a good kicking.

Just said on BBC that some of the bankers had ignored advice to dress down and actually dressed up to taunt the protestors. Maybe both sides have some responsibility for events

JO-JO;4798970

[COLOR="Purple"]...rbs?[/COLOR]

rbs = Royal Bank of Scotland

What they dont understand is.....is they are protesting because of the economy and having no money basically - yet they go on a destruction spree, which costs money to replace the things they have destroyed.

FAIL

Original Poster SuperEd

they are writing graffiti now all over the place

Police are in riot gear now so looks like things are about to turn ugly

Original Poster SuperEd

yep i knew it would kick off today

Meadsy4742;4799077

What they dont understand is.....is they are protesting because of the … What they dont understand is.....is they are protesting because of the economy and having no money basically - yet they go on a destruction spree, which costs money to replace the things they have destroyed.FAIL

A few years ago morons like this smashed the windows of the John Lewis head office in London.

But John Lewis does not have shareholders and the company is owned by the people who work for it (who gain or lose depending how well the company does).

This is as near a "communist" ideal as you can get in the west, but they still decided to wreck the place.

They are just moronic thugs who fancy a riot and are no better than soccer hooligans.

LaoTzu;4799072

rbs = Royal Bank of Scotland

[COLOR="Purple"]ah.. thanks[/COLOR]

guilbert53;4799110

A few years ago morons like this smashed the windows of the John Lewis … A few years ago morons like this smashed the windows of the John Lewis head office in London.But John Lewis does not have shareholders and the company is owned by the people who work for it (who gain or lose depending how well the company does).This is as near a "communist" ideal as you can get in the west, but they still decided to wreck the place.[SIZE="4"]They are just moronic thugs who fancy a riot and are no better than soccer hooligans[/SIZE].

+1

Banned

I hope the bankers waving money out the windows get arrested for inciting riots the idiots

Meadsy4742;4799077

What they dont understand is.....is they are protesting because of the … What they dont understand is.....is they are protesting because of the economy and having no money basically - yet they go on a destruction spree, which costs money to replace the things they have destroyed.FAIL

Agreed it gets my goat up! Grrrr We are all going to have to pay for the repair and for the policing of their acts

guilbert53;4799110

A few years ago morons like this smashed the windows of the John Lewis … A few years ago morons like this smashed the windows of the John Lewis head office in London.But John Lewis does not have shareholders and the company is owned by the people who work for it (who gain or lose depending how well the company does).This is as near a "communist" ideal as you can get in the west, but they still decided to wreck the place.They are just moronic thugs who fancy a riot and are no better than soccer hooligans.

+2

Why dont these morans realise they are making things worse by trying to get there point across this way.

Why would anyone listen to anyone that can cause damage to the stuff we all end up paying for.

This is a pile od crap and just an excuse for people to run riot!!

The rioters are ruining our economy too! Who pays for the extra policing and clear-up? I wonder how many of them went there for the sole purpose of causing trouble?

Banned

I'm gutted about it, I think violence and destruction is not the answer.

The credit crunch has and is happening nothing we can do about it unfortunately.

bombs being thrown

go to fred's house i say

Banned

myaser88;4799292

bombs being throwngo to fred's house i say

This will achieve what?

Yup, its just an excuse to kick off. I bet half of them don't even know what they're there for. Disgusting behaviour :x.

The bankers who started it all with their taunting will not be punished for it, but the rioters will. The bankers should be arrested along with any rioters and given substantial fines as they can most obviously afford it! Also if they have a police record they should be sacked.

DLM;4799298

This will achieve what?

it'll terrify the rat

BBC said that it was a small minority that was causing problems. Little while ago many of the crowd started to sit down and things calmed down for a while. Apparently police tatics are to keep protestors penned in. They can't leave the area. Those that want to leave are being prevented from doing so.

Banned

myaser88;4799443

it'll terrify the rat

To achieve what?

Wow, loads of potential Daily Mail readers in this thread!

Bit of an over-reaction everyone. There is a small minority who have caused some damage (and the reports that I'm hearing is that they are Italian Anachists?!?), but the majority are protesting peacefully because they want to see change for the good of people and the planet.

daily mail . . LOL

hotukdeals.com/ite…on/

can someone please take a look at my thread as i got to go to london tomorrow and im scared

ilovepink;4799689

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/370577/question-about-london/can someone … http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/370577/question-about-london/can someone please take a look at my thread as i got to go to london tomorrow and im scared

scared?!

Sort it out!

m18gfc;4799698

scared?!Sort it out!

with my 6 month old daughter and disabled partner with me yes i am scared:roll: twit

m18gfc;4799698

scared?!Sort it out!

Bit harsh!

Banned

Trickyjabs;4799604

Wow, loads of potential Daily Mail readers in this thread!Bit of an … Wow, loads of potential Daily Mail readers in this thread!Bit of an over-reaction everyone. There is a small minority who have caused some damage (and the reports that I'm hearing is that they are Italian Anachists?!?), but the majority are protesting peacefully because they want to see change for the good of people and the planet.

True. Many are just exercising their right to peaceful protest and that's a beautiful thing to see.

If the bankers want to incite them, then they're the real embarrassment and they should probably expect reprisals of some kind.

m18gfc;4799698

scared?!Sort it out!

I'm getting right fed up of trolls who think they can voice an opinion on things they know nothing about!

I've seen you mention your home situation before ilovepink, I understand why you're a bit scared, hopefully things will calm down during the day and you will be fine to go.

Banned

tinkerbell28;4799029

It just makes this country look stupid, and like we are all a bunch of … It just makes this country look stupid, and like we are all a bunch of thugs. This is how the rest of the world will see us today..........sad.

It really doesn't make this country look stupid at all. America didn't look any more stupid after the Battle in Seattle did it?

It shows a vibrant discourse is still alive in this country.

On a side note, are they technically 'breaking in' to the RBS building when they part own it?

FilthAndFurry;4799768

If the bankers want to incite them, then they're the real embarrassment … If the bankers want to incite them, then they're the real embarrassment and they should probably expect reprisals of some kind.

I presume you are talking about those at the top? They are safe in their ivory towers while the ordinary workers suffer the possibilty of actual reprisal.

FilthAndFurry;4799816

It really doesn't make this country look stupid at all. America didn't … It really doesn't make this country look stupid at all. America didn't look any more stupid after the Battle in Seattle did it?It shows a vibrant discourse is still alive in this country.On a side note, are they technically 'breaking in' to the RBS building when they part own it?

:roll:

ChipSticks;4799814

I'm getting right fed up of trolls who think they can voice an opinion on … I'm getting right fed up of trolls who think they can voice an opinion on things they know nothing about!I've seen you mention your home situation before ilovepink, I understand why you're a bit scared, hopefully things will calm down during the day and you will be fine to go.

i dont care i know im a wimp on my own anyway lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764088
    2. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1019
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    4. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44

See more discussions