Provide permanent shelter and housing for Rough Sleepers Petition

Edited by:"eblane76"Found 11th Jan

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

Hopefully the people signing this petition aren't the same ones supporting free movement and open borders.

Irony.
38 Comments

Signed.

Guess these people are the 'snowflakes' so readily hated round here.

Original Poster

Thank you. It could happen to anyone.
There’s no reason for people to not have basic life needs. We are all human!!

Hopefully the people signing this petition aren't the same ones supporting free movement and open borders.

Irony.

Thank you East Europeans !

Dilithium6 h, 14 m ago

Hopefully the people signing this petition aren't the same ones supporting …Hopefully the people signing this petition aren't the same ones supporting free movement and open borders.Irony.

So your blaming immigrants for homelessness now, wonderful, I'm sure the government gets enough tax money from the working migrants and the increased visits that having open boarders provides to be able to build a few hostels, it would make such a change from all the luxury apartments they keep allowing to be built in full knowledge they are left empty, bought up by Chinese, Saudis and Russians to profit on our never ending spiralling house prices.

Signed. Ready to march also.

Dilithium6 h, 54 m ago

Hopefully the people signing this petition aren't the same ones supporting …Hopefully the people signing this petition aren't the same ones supporting free movement and open borders.Irony.

Like this?
33044548-YtVd0.jpg

Signed.

Homelessness is a societies responsability to care for the vunerable.

I agree with the sentiment, but shouldn’t you show some respect to the English language? That is murder

shadey121 h, 29 m ago

Like this?[Image]

So you blame the people not the system? Yes blame the penniless and not those with coffers stuffed full of billions, i remember people on here moaning about india getting Foreign Aid for the poor when they have a space program.

Same applies here, why do we have foodbanks when we have tridant, bribing the DUP and jumping into any war that takes our fancy to squander millions on bombing backwaters.

We should implement the model that has been used in a Canadian city of Medicine Hat to successfully eradicate homelessness using the theory is that only after people are in stable housing can they begin to address their other challenges.

Segata-Sanshiro2 h, 50 m ago

So your blaming immigrants for homelessness now, wonderful, I'm sure the …So your blaming immigrants for homelessness now, wonderful, I'm sure the government gets enough tax money from the working migrants and the increased visits that having open boarders provides to be able to build a few hostels, it would make such a change from all the luxury apartments they keep allowing to be built in full knowledge they are left empty, bought up by Chinese, Saudis and Russians to profit on our never ending spiralling house prices.

Don’t think that’s directed at all migrants. However there are some that get priority housing, loads of benefits, never work despite being able to and then steal to get extra money.

If they genuinely come here need help and then get jobs (if they can work) after a reasonable time, pay tax and work hard they are welcome in my view.

The same can be said of some born and bred folk in this country who blame migrants for the fact they are lazy, feckless and sit around on benefits drinking cider and smoking fags. Migrants aren’t to blame for that it’s their perception of entitlement to highly paid jobs when they won’t make any effort to skill yourself. I see some migrants cleaning cars for virtually no money, sharing a tiny room, working long hours and then getting blamed for other people’s problems and that’s not fair. There are plenty of hard working migrants, but there are some born n bred and migrants who are also lazy and feckless.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 12th Jan

Segata-Sanshiro42 m ago

So you blame the people not the system? Yes blame the penniless and not …So you blame the people not the system? Yes blame the penniless and not those with coffers stuffed full of billions, i remember people on here moaning about india getting Foreign Aid for the poor when they have a space program.Same applies here, why do we have foodbanks when we have tridant, bribing the DUP and jumping into any war that takes our fancy to squander millions on bombing backwaters.

I didn't blame anybody, I merely pointed out someone who says the streets of London are full of homeless EU citizens.

Segata-Sanshiro3 h, 0 m ago

So your blaming immigrants for homelessness now, wonderful, I'm sure the …So your blaming immigrants for homelessness now, wonderful, I'm sure the government gets enough tax money from the working migrants and the increased visits that having open boarders provides to be able to build a few hostels, it would make such a change from all the luxury apartments they keep allowing to be built in full knowledge they are left empty, bought up by Chinese, Saudis and Russians to profit on our never ending spiralling house prices.

Blaming people instead of the system?

I take it the Chinese, Saudis and Russians aren't people?

Original Poster

What about the Queen who has so much unnecessary wealth, lands and the people still pay for them. Luxury churches everywhere. There are plenty of ways to balance and make things better.

eblane766 h, 41 m ago

What about the Queen who has so much unnecessary wealth, lands and the …What about the Queen who has so much unnecessary wealth, lands and the people still pay for them. Luxury churches everywhere. There are plenty of ways to balance and make things better.

Not sure there is a need to single out one very wealthy old lady.

but your point stands we live in a country of huge wealth.

No need for anybody to be living on the streets because of a shortage of cash.

cmdr_elito8 h, 33 m ago

Don’t think that’s directed at all migrants. However there are some that ge …Don’t think that’s directed at all migrants. However there are some that get priority housing, loads of benefits, never work despite being able to and then steal to get extra money.If they genuinely come here need help and then get jobs (if they can work) after a reasonable time, pay tax and work hard they are welcome in my view.The same can be said of some born and bred folk in this country who blame migrants for the fact they are lazy, feckless and sit around on benefits drinking cider and smoking fags. Migrants aren’t to blame for that it’s their perception of entitlement to highly paid jobs when they won’t make any effort to skill yourself. I see some migrants cleaning cars for virtually no money, sharing a tiny room, working long hours and then getting blamed for other people’s problems and that’s not fair. There are plenty of hard working migrants, but there are some born n bred and migrants who are also lazy and feckless.

You forgot the big screen television.

Dilithium8 h, 51 m ago

Blaming people instead of the system?I take it the Chinese, Saudis and …Blaming people instead of the system?I take it the Chinese, Saudis and Russians aren't people?

What have those 3 to do with the EU?

cmdr_elito9 h, 10 m ago

Don’t think that’s directed at all migrants. However there are some that ge …Don’t think that’s directed at all migrants. However there are some that get priority housing, loads of benefits, never work despite being able to and then steal to get extra money.If they genuinely come here need help and then get jobs (if they can work) after a reasonable time, pay tax and work hard they are welcome in my view.The same can be said of some born and bred folk in this country who blame migrants for the fact they are lazy, feckless and sit around on benefits drinking cider and smoking fags. Migrants aren’t to blame for that it’s their perception of entitlement to highly paid jobs when they won’t make any effort to skill yourself. I see some migrants cleaning cars for virtually no money, sharing a tiny room, working long hours and then getting blamed for other people’s problems and that’s not fair. There are plenty of hard working migrants, but there are some born n bred and migrants who are also lazy and feckless.

And that has nothing to do with the EU its even stated in the quote of me posted EU nationals get 0 unless thry have worked for 3 months, and thry know that they come here for building work mainly many jobs are advertised in the EU then they end up on their arse and are in the same predicament as British, they can't afford to go home either.

I'm just sick and tired of the people on this site painting everyone from overseas as the same when the rules for migrants and immigrants are very different and brexit isn't going to do a thing to affect the immigration and asylum seeker figures.

I'm also sick of them turning on the weakest in society instead of looking at the government and the rich, we are a wealthy country, there's plenty of money in the pot the elites or scum as i like to call them as they match the dictionary definition, (detritus that floats to the top), we can get people out of poverty and solve homelessness we just don't want to.

Segata-Sanshiro17 m ago

What have those 3 to do with the EU?

They're still people.

They may not be white European, but I take it you dont hold that against them?

shadey129 h, 18 m ago

I didn't blame anybody, I merely pointed out someone who says the streets …I didn't blame anybody, I merely pointed out someone who says the streets of London are full of homeless EU citizens.

You missed out the point tho, those people are exploited, uk companies advertise in the EU for low paid workers, they come over here and end up in two bedroom ex council houses filled with bunkbeds by a exploitative landlord then they lose their jobs are are stuffed, if they haven't worked for minimum of 3 months they get 0 and they cant even get home.

I'm all for freedom of movement it goes both ways we should be a united states of Europe we are all brothers, i should be able to just drive to Germany unbothered i should be able to use a French hospital and move to a job in Ukraine with no fuss, it benefits the people.

All the stupid lines in the sand are pointless, look at all the people who have died just because of geography, we are all humans and we have 1 planet we all live on dividing ourselves is pointless, and in terms of rights and benefits i wish people understood the difference between migration, immigration and asylum seekers.

Dilithium6 m ago

They're still people.They may not be white European, but I take it you …They're still people.They may not be white European, but I take it you dont hold that against them?

My point is that all the people shouting brexit seem to be doing so over things that have absolutely nothing to do with the EU. The only way Brexit will effect the property being used as investment by people from those nations is if brexit ruins us, so everyone who voted brexit is hoping that we will cut our nose off to spite our face, and i really don't think thats the answer, legislation is.

Segata-Sanshiro12 m ago

You missed out the point tho, those people are exploited, uk companies …You missed out the point tho, those people are exploited, uk companies advertise in the EU for low paid workers, they come over here and end up in two bedroom ex council houses filled with bunkbeds by a exploitative landlord then they lose their jobs are are stuffed, if they haven't worked for minimum of 3 months they get 0 and they cant even get home.I'm all for freedom of movement it goes both ways we should be a united states of Europe we are all brothers, i should be able to just drive to Germany unbothered i should be able to use a French hospital and move to a job in Ukraine with no fuss, it benefits the people.All the stupid lines in the sand are pointless, look at all the people who have died just because of geography, we are all humans and we have 1 planet we all live on dividing ourselves is pointless, and in terms of rights and benefits i wish people understood the difference between migration, immigration and asylum seekers.

I really didn't miss any point.

Segata-Sanshiro17 m ago

You missed out the point tho, those people are exploited, uk companies …You missed out the point tho, those people are exploited, uk companies advertise in the EU for low paid workers, they come over here and end up in two bedroom ex council houses filled with bunkbeds by a exploitative landlord then they lose their jobs are are stuffed, if they haven't worked for minimum of 3 months they get 0 and they cant even get home.I'm all for freedom of movement it goes both ways we should be a united states of Europe we are all brothers, i should be able to just drive to Germany unbothered i should be able to use a French hospital and move to a job in Ukraine with no fuss, it benefits the people.All the stupid lines in the sand are pointless, look at all the people who have died just because of geography, we are all humans and we have 1 planet we all live on dividing ourselves is pointless, and in terms of rights and benefits i wish people understood the difference between migration, immigration and asylum seekers.

My country most certainty is not some "stupid line in the sand".

My country is my heart, my passion and my pride. I think youll find even most Remainers share my view in that respect.

Unfortunately that is where my debate with you comes to an end. You simply just lost my respect.

Dilithium12 m ago

My country most certainty is not some "stupid line in the sand".My country …My country most certainty is not some "stupid line in the sand".My country is my heart, my passion and my pride. I think youll find even most Remainers share my view in that respect.Unfortunately that is where my debate with you comes to an end. You simply just lost my respect.

Everyone is a member of the human race, as oscar Wilde once said patriotism is the virtue of the vicious. You are no better or worse then anyone else, your home is earth the fear of the unknown should be leveled at the cosmos not your fellow earthlings in their lands. This planet would be better off without borders to fight over.

Segata-Sanshiro1 h, 17 m ago

And that has nothing to do with the EU its even stated in the quote of me …And that has nothing to do with the EU its even stated in the quote of me posted EU nationals get 0 unless thry have worked for 3 months, and thry know that they come here for building work mainly many jobs are advertised in the EU then they end up on their arse and are in the same predicament as British, they can't afford to go home either.I'm just sick and tired of the people on this site painting everyone from overseas as the same when the rules for migrants and immigrants are very different and brexit isn't going to do a thing to affect the immigration and asylum seeker figures.I'm also sick of them turning on the weakest in society instead of looking at the government and the rich, we are a wealthy country, there's plenty of money in the pot the elites or scum as i like to call them as they match the dictionary definition, (detritus that floats to the top), we can get people out of poverty and solve homelessness we just don't want to.

We need something like a cap that you can’t pay yourself as a boss more than 20 times the wage of your lowest paid worker (normally cleaners). So if you want to get a pay rise you should pay more to your staff.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 12th Jan

cmdr_elito16 m ago

We need something like a cap that you can’t pay yourself as a boss more t …We need something like a cap that you can’t pay yourself as a boss more than 20 times the wage of your lowest paid worker (normally cleaners). So if you want to get a pay rise you should pay more to your staff.

And employ more instead of expecting everyone to be zero hours when ever you want 7 days a week morning noon and night.

Original Poster

Wongy11047 m ago

38 degrees(would prefer that tbh) have one as well but didn't take …38 degrees(would prefer that tbh) have one as well but didn't take offhttps://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/eliminate-homelessness

Signed in, thank you.

Segata-Sanshiro6 h, 46 m ago

Admirable .. But while the government hides the true cost of immigration to enable multi nationals to fill minimum paid jobs and suppress wages for many by using Eastern Europe nationals the debate is pointless .
Logic and published figures indicate that minimum wage jobs contribute zero tax and by the time you add in schooling costs , health , benefits ,even relatively medium paid immigrants contribute Zero , except to the tax avoiding multi nationals . And as for European health .. If we use it we are usually insured and/or the country claims it back from the UK .. Strangely the UK doesn't seem to bother claiming back for the millions using the Nhs.
The UK is an easy option that why thousands are queuing up in France , haven't registered , because that ties you to the French system , to get to the UK .. We are an easy touch .

Wongy11012th Jan

38 degrees(would prefer that tbh) have one as well but didn't take …38 degrees(would prefer that tbh) have one as well but didn't take offhttps://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/eliminate-homelessness

home.38degrees.org.uk/about/

Why ‘38 Degrees’?

38 Degrees is the angle at which snowflakes come together to form an avalanche – together we're unstoppable.

Segata-Sanshiro12th Jan

But if there were no borders, what happens to your claim that as a "wealthy country" we should be doing more to help the nation's poor? On a global level, our nation's poor are actually massively privileged. The starving people of the third world don't have the luxury of sitting around calling people scum on shopping forums. Wouldn't they be a priority?

Rubisco9 h, 41 m ago

https://home.38degrees.org.uk/about/Why ‘38 Degrees’?38 Degrees is the ang …https://home.38degrees.org.uk/about/Why ‘38 Degrees’?38 Degrees is the angle at which snowflakes come together to form an avalanche – together we're unstoppable.

Yeah hilarious I am sure.

Rubisco1 h, 44 m ago

Not as hilarious as this:https://speakout.38degrees.org.uk/campaigns/2562

Thank you for the link
Signed.

151k on this now
33104542-Yflf6.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions