EXPIRED

Providing proof of having finance ?

So around 12-14 years ago & then again around 2003-2005 I took out finance for cars & believe I was sold PPI.
The claims team that are helping me receive back any monies have today sent me a letter saying they can't find any details of any finance I had with Blackhorse.
I checked with my old bank (bank of Scotland) and been told they can only give me details of my account for the last 6 years & as I don't have any old paperwork from blackhorse,I can't provide the PPI claims team any more info.

Anyone got any other ideas I could try to prove I twice had finance with blackhorse ?

11 Comments

Take a free months trial with mycredittracker through topcashback (£12 cash back). They will be able to track your credit history.

and don't use a claims team, do it yourself and keep it all.

Original Poster

I can't see a Free months trial ?
How long back do mycredittracker go back ?

banks and finance companies only have to keep records for 6 years. therefore if you finished paying over 6 years ago you'll find it very hard. If not impossible to get details if you have no paperwork. account numbers are recycled.

WheresMeNuts

I can't see a Free months trial ?How long back do mycredittracker go back … I can't see a Free months trial ?How long back do mycredittracker go back ?

They had some stuff on my account going back to 2001. The trial is only on offer for another 3 days; topcashback.co.uk/my-…er/

Banned

OP

Would you have used the insurance if you had needed to at the time?

Original Poster

WheresMeNuts

I can't see a Free months trial ?How long back do mycredittracker go … I can't see a Free months trial ?How long back do mycredittracker go back ?

toshapetriji

OPWould you have used the insurance if you had needed to at the time?

If it goes back to 2001 that would be great & so will give it a go thanks.

I'm not sure if I would have accepted it, but lots of people had been given it without knowing.

Banned

WheresMeNuts

If it goes back to 2001 that would be great & so will give it a go … If it goes back to 2001 that would be great & so will give it a go thanks. I'm not sure if I would have accepted it, but lots of people had been given it without knowing.

Most people were well aware that they were taking out insurance though. Claiming many years later a refund for something they knew they were taking is dishonest.

Original Poster

You maybe are correct, but I don't see/read about banks claiming that Mr Smith knew about it & so looks like the banks made a few boo-boos.

I thought you were asking proof of having a fiance... Lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Car Leasing Deals (Audi, Golf or Scirocco)11
    2. Electricity11
    3. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    4. Which Camera?!!!22

See more discussions