Provisional help

What exactly does a provisional enable you to do? can you drive a car once you have a provisional licence?

18 Comments

yes with a driver who has been qualified for 5 years with no points i think

Yes it does mean you can but you need to be with either a driving instructor or someone who has a certain amount of experience driving (can't remember how long it has to be)

and over the age of 21

Original Poster

oh right because I always didnt seem to understand it, as you people always told me you have to be 17 to learn driving, but can drive at 16 and stuff like, just gets confusing! as my mates son was asking me, thought id give him some help:thumbsup:

Original Poster

so how does insurance work? what if an accident occurs?

I'm pretty sure aswell that the person who comes in the car with you, not only do they need to have a certain amount of experience if they have been banned from driving they need to leave it a certain amount of time before they can instruct someone

edjaned;2458921

yes with a driver who has been qualified for 5 years with no points i … yes with a driver who has been qualified for 5 years with no points i think

ignore me im talking sh1te again :oops:

Why you asking? Thought you could fly :? - Sorry :oops:

ilovepink;2458931

and over the age of 21

Thought it was over 25?

levis24;2458951

Make sure you take the details of the other driver (if it involves another driver that is) aswell as any witnesses. you can also by law ask the other driver for the name of his insurance company and his policy number.

Never ever admit blame for anything at the scene of the accident, have a think first and make sure you was to blame. Draw some diagrams if need be of what happened so you can remember later

Phone the police if they need to get involved obviously

Then phone your insurance company

If your claiming for something other than an accident i.e. theft or someones damaged your car when you wasn't there just phone the insurance comany again, i'm not sure what they'll ask you though

bellabonkers;2458983

Thought it was over 25?

oh maybe its changed then my bad:thumbsup:

ilovepink;2459020

oh maybe its changed then my bad:thumbsup:

I dont acctually know, thats just what i thought:thinking:
lol

Google brought this up

Who Can Teach Me to Drive a Car?
An accompanying driver must

have held a full EC/EEA driving licence for at least three years for the category of vehicle being driven
be at least 21 years of age.

OT and very random but somebody told me it was illegal to have neon lights under your car (or mine as the case was).

levis24;2458951

If it does happen, and lets hope it doesn't, take pictures with your phone if you can.
I wish I had done a few weeks ago but I keep forgetting there is a camera on the phone.

Failling that, go back in time and take evasive action. :w00t:
Sorry, had to.
:thumbsup:

Shengis;2459101

OT and very random but somebody told me it was illegal to have neon … OT and very random but somebody told me it was illegal to have neon lights under your car (or mine as the case was).

I believe that to be true.
It's to keep the disco dancers out of the road. :w00t:

Jumpingphil;2459199

Failling that, go back in time and take evasive action. :w00t:Sorry, … Failling that, go back in time and take evasive action. :w00t:Sorry, had to.:thumbsup:

:w00t::)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846115
    2. How much would you pay for this chair?66
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2235
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764082

See more discussions