Ps 4 Remote Play via firestick how can i boost signal

Found 18th Feb 2017
the kids have my ps4 upstairs and i have the ps4 remote play app installed on a firestick downstairs and have been using it over wifi however the signal keeps dropping out.

Would a wifi range extender or powerline kit help?

obviously i am aware that the firestick cant be connected via ethernet

thanks

7 Comments

You'll probably struggle regardless, wifi will be always be iffy (especially on a firestick from what I've experienced, it just ain't all that great on them) and remote play needs a decent connection to perform well.

Although saying that I've never thought of putting the remote play apk on my firestick so might try it just to see, cheers.

Edited by: "bynouk" 18th Feb 2017

The wifi on the firestick is too flaky, I have tried it all with the stick, even having it 12 inches from my router and it still periodically drops out. Doesn't matter too much when watching video due to the buffering but with remote play it would be next to useless. I am hoping that when we get the MK2 firestick they will have improved the wifi.

unfortunately no answer to your question, but how did you get remote play on the firetv?

Original Poster

wackypaki

unfortunately no answer to your question, but how did you get remote play … unfortunately no answer to your question, but how did you get remote play on the firetv?

side loaded the apk from forum.xda-developers.com/and…225

How are you guys using a controller with the app? I can't get my ds4 to work with the fire stick. Thanks for the post by the way, will try the apk

mrjackson90

side loaded the apk from … side loaded the apk from https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/ps4-remote-play-android-thread-t3068225

thanks! gonna give this a try

cant get the ps4 remote play app to work, needs a browser to log in, did that, but then says not compatible. and cannot get controller to connect
Post a comment
@
    Text