Ps network settings

Posted 21st Jun 2020
My PS4 hasn’t been able to connect to psn ,it’s saying passwords incorrect it’s not as it’s what I’ve put in always ,can the network be deleted and re put in ???
Community Updates
Ask
37 Comments
Not sure that would help, best off calling Sony
Try turning modem off and PS4, then power on modem let it settle then try again.

When I say turn off I mean unplug the PS4 from the mains, if that doesn't work it sounds like you're putting in the wrong WiFi password, try same password on another device to check.
Edited by: "SnoopZ" 21st Jun
Are you definitely connected to the net? Go to settings, network and do a test.
If you're using Ethernet connection go to settings, network then choose wifi it might say use one already saved, click no, then try that. Or visa versa if you've been using Wifi try Ethernet.
The using the same username \ password on PlayStation store website
As said above, try signing in to the PS Store via a web browser on a different device. If you can't sign in then go ahead and reset your password. Chances are you have been inputting an incorrect password or trying to sign in on the wrong account , if its telling you that the password is wrong then that's nothing to do with the network settings.
It’s been slow and dropping out since lockdown but deff worse it’s been just dont know why it’s saying password to WiFi networks wrong when it’s the one I’ve always entered ,hoping it will just work once I get up later cheers for advice guys
Ljsdad21/06/2020 08:05

It’s been slow and dropping out since lockdown but deff worse it’s been jus …It’s been slow and dropping out since lockdown but deff worse it’s been just dont know why it’s saying password to WiFi networks wrong when it’s the one I’ve always entered ,hoping it will just work once I get up later cheers for advice guys

Sorry can you just clarify something, when you say that you are being told that the password is incorrect are you talking about the wi-fi password or are you talking about your PSN account password? If it's the wi-fi password then just go to the Network Setting screen on your PS4 and try setting up a new connection. Also try switching between a 2.4ghz and 5ghz signal if your router supports that to see if it works, etc.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 21st Jun
It’s the router password it’s never come up with incorrect password before
You may be banned
nisc121/06/2020 10:10

You may be banned

Really can’t see why I don’t play online just want to download games
Ljsdad21/06/2020 10:11

Really can’t see why I don’t play online just want to download games

First thing to do is to take your PS4 in to the same room as your router, connect it via an ethernet cable, go to Network Settings on your PS4 and change to Wired Connection. Is it letting you connect to PSN after doing that?
Seems to be confusion in this thread whether you're having problems with your Wifi password or your PSN password.

You can check both the PSN account via and the wifi password via another device, all this is extremely quick and easy to check.

Please report back your findings.
It’s the router password which has worked fine up to now and phone works off of it fine
i might just get a Ethernet cable long enough to reach from hallway to kitchen and see how I get on
Ljsdad21/06/2020 11:57

It’s the router password which has worked fine up to now and phone works o …It’s the router password which has worked fine up to now and phone works off of it fine

Have you done all the suggestions here as you haven't reported back if you have unplugged everything etc? You could have this fixed in 10min.
I’ve switched off router and back on after 30 secs switched off PS4 and tried to connect and test conne
I’m not that clued up on it all to be fair
Ljsdad21/06/2020 12:07

I’ve switched off router and back on after 30 secs switched off PS4 and t …I’ve switched off router and back on after 30 secs switched off PS4 and tried to connect and test conne

Did you switch off PS4 properly, do a full shutdown and pull plug from wall then go into settings and do a full connection test and post the results screen, all this takes 10mins but it sounds like the WiFi password is the issue so you could also change the WiFi password and try and enter that, you need to do all these simple suggestions.
How do you change the password then I’ve all but pulled the plug out can’t see that doing a lot without power to it
41166044-9RqrQ.jpg
Ljsdad21/06/2020 12:23

How do you change the password then I’ve all but pulled the plug out can’t …How do you change the password then I’ve all but pulled the plug out can’t see that doing a lot without power to it

Pull plug out ps4 after shutdown,wait 30secs for the capacitors to lose their charge then plug back in, this often fixes issues like this.

to change your wifi password for all your devices you need to log into your router and do it there then update ALL your devices.
Ok but u lost me at log in to router
Ljsdad21/06/2020 12:41

Ok but u lost me at log in to router

All internet modems/routers have the wifi password SET in their settings if you have never logged into that then not sure what to say, other than do what everyone has suggested.
But it really does sound that you're putting in the wrong wifi password into the PS4 as it doesn't say there isn't wifi available.

You maybe using a lowercase instead of higher case etc, i mean you should only ever have to enter this once into the PS4 unless you change the wifi password in the router.

Adding to the list of suggestions, take your PS4 around someone elses house and see if you can connect to their wifi, if you can then your PS4 is fine and the problem is your internet wifi settings.
I have might try the Ethernet cable idea once I get one can’t see what I’m doing wrong maybe if the cable doesn’t work I could just hang myself with it sorry to mess u about cheers for ur time
Ljsdad21/06/2020 12:49

I have might try the Ethernet cable idea once I get one can’t see what I’m …I have might try the Ethernet cable idea once I get one can’t see what I’m doing wrong maybe if the cable doesn’t work I could just hang myself with it sorry to mess u about cheers for ur time

If the PS4 is close enough to the router and it has a spare ethernet port then using ethernet is always the best option as your connection will be faster.

It would be good to know if your PS4 is faulty though so don't give up on that, but i honestly don't think it is.
I don’t think it’s faulty just can’t see the problem
I think you're entering the password wrong, if it is a complicated password then it is easy to do, thats why i suggested changing the wifi password to force a new wifi connection.

But doing a full power down and unplugging will help alot.
SnoopZ21/06/2020 12:05

Have you done all the suggestions here as you haven't reported back if you …Have you done all the suggestions here as you haven't reported back if you have unplugged everything etc? You could have this fixed in 10min.

Edit - Deleted my reply here, it was a bit harsh as not everyone is a technically minded as others, sorry OP.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 21st Jun
It also gets to the point in I’ve tried them but also been busy today I did say thanks for your help but it looks like a loosing battle I’ve no idea what I’m doing or what’s happened
Ljsdad21/06/2020 19:26

It also gets to the point in I’ve tried them but also been busy today I d …It also gets to the point in I’ve tried them but also been busy today I did say thanks for your help but it looks like a loosing battle I’ve no idea what I’m doing or what’s happened

Let us know when you get the problem sorted, i still think you're putting in your password wrong or haven't followed all the instructions posted to make a new wifi connection.
Yeah will do I’ve tried most things but not changing router password as I don’t know how to
I’m literally coping password off back of router hasn’t been changed since sky set it up and has worked up to now I’ve re done connection afew times as some one else previously had said to but it just doesn’t want to work
Ljsdad21/06/2020 20:06

I’m literally coping password off back of router hasn’t been changed since …I’m literally coping password off back of router hasn’t been changed since sky set it up and has worked up to now I’ve re done connection afew times as some one else previously had said to but it just doesn’t want to work

Lets take this step by step. Are all your other devices in the house sucessfully connecting to the Wi-fi router?
Yeah got it sorted now I found a old screen shot of subnet gate way ,ip adress etc punched all them in manually and same password I said was right now working apreciate the time u spent helping and the others x
Ljsdad21/06/2020 20:52

Yeah got it sorted now I found a old screen shot of subnet gate way ,ip …Yeah got it sorted now I found a old screen shot of subnet gate way ,ip adress etc punched all them in manually and same password I said was right now working apreciate the time u spent helping and the others x

Glad you got it sorted, enjoy your gaming on it!
Post a comment
@
    Text