PS Now - do you think it will improve going into Next Gen

Posted 29th Jul
With Game Pass being the best gaming subscription service, do you think Sony will improve their PS Now service going into Next Gen? They don't have to but with subscription services becoming more important it's got to be on their radar.

Interested to hear your thoughts
Community Updates
Misc
7 Comments
In my honest opinion I think since the turn of the year it’s amazing value anyway. Tomb raider, evil within 2, Siege, control, Spider-Man, that’s just to name a few. It may get a little better with older AAA PS4 games coming into the library but I don’t see it ever rivalling game pass in terms of quality. I think for the price you pay and I say this about PS plus as well, you cannot moan about much (which I know you’re not). I just never expect a top top title which some people do for £3 a month lol.
Edited by: "Kratos69" 29th Jul
Oh c’mon it’s bound to. Why wouldn’t it improve?
It has to improve, when you look at gamepass ultimate it’s a different league..
I got a year for £20, I was going to buy control for that price so I’ve got loads more games for my money.
It’s already great value with over 100 downloadable PS4 and PS2 games, hundreds of streamed PS3 games, and free online multiplayer. The only real advantages Xbox Game Pass has over PSNow are the day 1 availability of their exclusive games, and the cheap £1/month trials they repeatedly offer even to existing players that let their subs lapse (and you can use Microsoft Bing Rewards to get free months as well).

With the quality of Sony’s AAA and sales success = profit they receive, I would be very surprised if Sony allow their AAA to become available on PSNow day 1, although there could be a case for them allowing AA games (games like Concrete Genie etc). I’m sure they don’t want to be in a position similar to Gears 5, when that was available on Game Pass day 1 including Game Pass PC, and the physical sales bombed to the point where some retailers now refuse to stock physical Xbox exclusivegames.
Edited by: "MrMaccieKFC" 29th Jul
Sony have beaten xbox in this gen and by all accounts have beaten them in the next gen, and thats before releease of the consoles!! so xbox is doing all this gamepass stuff is because thats all it really has to stand out out. PS doesnt need to do that because they are easily more popular with i'd say a ratio of atleast 3:1, probably more.

so PS has no real need to match gamepass in terms of day 1 releases etc. personally weve got a years worth of PSnow and PSplus and my lads love it. monthly 2 free games which can be more than decent. they played spiderman for the time it was on there and tbh thats all they needed really.
so long it has a good churn of triple A titles coming in and out, its worth it. realistically how many games do my lads really play? Fifa, fortnite and then it'll be one other like Spiderman.
MrMaccieKFC29/07/2020 13:53

I’m sure they don’t want to be in a position similar to Gears 5, when that …I’m sure they don’t want to be in a position similar to Gears 5, when that was available on Game Pass day 1 including Game Pass PC, and the physical sales bombed to the point where some retailers now refuse to stock physical Xbox exclusivegames.

I think putting all their 1st party titles day 1 on Game Pass does make buying the games at launch unnecessary, if anything it makes me wait until they come off Game Pass at that point it would be cheaper. To be honest I prefer that they have smaller titles on their service day 1 like Streets of Rage 4 and Carrion, even if they are only on there for a couple months.
Post a comment
@
    Text