Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

PSN Store Credit 50% off credit trick

Posted 22nd Dec 2019
o2.co.uk/sho…-go

Let me just start out by saying this is not going to be the quickest way of getting credit and could take a few days for the credit to become active but if like me you fancy getting half price psn store credit its well worth the hassle.

So those of you that aren't aware, there is a technique to getting double your PSN credit by utilising free O2 payg sim cards. O2 are currently offering £10 free credit on a £10 top up for new payg sims if you top up before 17/01/2020.

Steps below:

1. Order free O2 payg sim card(s) from the O2 website (just choose the simple £5 option)
2. Once received, top up £11, and you will get £10 free (the extra £ accounts for sending text which you will need to do)
3. Go to your account in ps store > payment management > add funds > paybymobile
4. Select £20 and continue by entering your payg number etc.
5. You will need to confirm on your phone by sending 'Y' before the credit gets taken from your sim and applied to your PSN account. (Remember the extra £ we topped up by? It was for this text)
6. Voila, you now have £20 credit for £11 top up
7. Repeat steps above as many times with new sims (for example this will need to be done twice to get £40 at a cost of £22)

This method you basically get 50% off everything in the store, so worth doing it while you can.

I know there are veterans who know this trick but as there are many newbies who have bought PS4's during the past few weeks i thoight it would be a great time to remind everyone.

Remember the top up bonus with O2 is only active until 17/01/2020 so get your skates on!

Enjoy
Community Updates

Groups

18 Comments
I didn’t know this, appreciate the information, thanks!
I have an Xbox but a very decent trick! Worth topping the account up to a desired figure till the promo ends
I've tried this several times and they never actually send the SIM to me.
Illusionary23/12/2019 06:18

I've tried this several times and they never actually send the SIM to me. …I've tried this several times and they never actually send the SIM to me.

get it sent to your mates or boss's house.
Thought this stopped the other month. What SIM card do you order as unless I'm blind they exchange your credit for a bundle now.
Surprised this still works, I remember it was £20 free credit with a £10 top up ages ago. It was amazing. Great trick OP
Anybody tried this as I’m a bit unsure in doing it
@dragonfury You have the promotion details link? Want to do it, but I want to be sure. Thanks
sebastian.chvasquez02/01/2020 21:52

@dragonfury You have the promotion details link? Want to do it, but I want …@dragonfury You have the promotion details link? Want to do it, but I want to be sure. Thanks

Make sure you order the free £10 sim topup card, and just make sure it states the free £10 credit on the sim sleeve when you receive it.
ndksamb23/12/2019 09:28

Thought this stopped the other month. What SIM card do you order as unless …Thought this stopped the other month. What SIM card do you order as unless I'm blind they exchange your credit for a bundle now.

Ive ordered the £10 one and £5 sims, the offer only showed up on the £10 sim sleeve.
There's a few long-established posts on here for this method...

FYI, the £10 Bundle will convert your credit into airtime as soon as you top up so don't order that SIM.
There's fears that even the £30/20GB Bundle SIM is no longer working but rather than duplicate an entire thread, please follow the original thread as it has my complete instructions, with options for lower top-up (£10), an additional £5 bonus credit, a potential £5 cash back from Quidco/TCB, other store spending options and support from experienced people.
Illusionary23/12/2019 06:18

I've tried this several times and they never actually send the SIM to me. …I've tried this several times and they never actually send the SIM to me.

You might have a blacklisted address - get one sent to a relative
BubaMan03/01/2020 15:47

There's a few long-established posts on here for this method...FYI, the …There's a few long-established posts on here for this method...FYI, the £10 Bundle will convert your credit into airtime as soon as you top up so don't order that SIM.There's fears that even the £30/20GB Bundle SIM is no longer working but rather than duplicate an entire thread, please follow the original thread as it has my complete instructions, with options for lower top-up (£10), an additional £5 bonus credit, a potential £5 cash back from Quidco/TCB, other store spending options and support from experienced people.

Great article Buba must have missed that. Have you tried it recently with the £30 sims? Ive just tried with the £10 top up and confirm it does get bundled (so had to get online chat to revert to normal credit)
dragonfury03/01/2020 17:03

Great article Buba must have missed that. Have you tried it recently with …Great article Buba must have missed that. Have you tried it recently with the £30 sims? Ive just tried with the £10 top up and confirm it does get bundled (so had to get online chat to revert to normal credit)

How long was the process of getting it reverted
dragonfury03/01/2020 17:03

Great article Buba must have missed that. Have you tried it recently with …Great article Buba must have missed that. Have you tried it recently with the £30 sims? Ive just tried with the £10 top up and confirm it does get bundled (so had to get online chat to revert to normal credit)

It's a long-expired (and jealously guarded) deal so it's no surprise you missed it...
I successfully used a £30/20GB SIM just before Christmas... I'm hoping the recent problems are temporary, as the error text message does not match the scenario
Edited by: "BubaMan" 3rd Jan
Jimathon03/01/2020 17:38

How long was the process of getting it reverted

The chat convert it back instantly
BubaMan03/01/2020 18:35

It's a long-expired (and jealously guarded) deal so it's no surprise you …It's a long-expired (and jealously guarded) deal so it's no surprise you missed it... I successfully used a £30/20GB SIM just before Christmas... I'm hoping the recent problems are temporary, as the error text message does not match the scenario

Well ive ordered the £30 sim today, ill keep everyone posted of the outcome.
I can confirm this works with the £30 bundle sim (just make sure you dont top up more than £11)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions