Groups

PS VR Resale Price

The price that people are reselling the PS VR headset for is sickening I've seen as high as £600. Just opening a thread so people can have a chat about the ridiculous prices and say what they think of VR, thanks.

45 Comments

Supply & Demand.

Don't buy them. Problem solved.

It's available for £350, so I don't know what people are complaining about? Look and you will find it available in a few places....

They release stuff at this time of a year specifically so people can buy and sell for xmas, it helps boost their sale numbers

Have any actually been sold for that price?...

StevenBrown

They release stuff at this time of a year specifically so people can buy … They release stuff at this time of a year specifically so people can buy and sell for xmas, it helps boost their sale numbers

Resales don't count towards a company's sales...

Sony don't get a cut.
    Edited by: "RossD89" 13th Oct 2016

RossD89

That's what I was going to say lol, people say look at the price of blah blah... But is it actually selling at that price?

I'm waiting for my works double discount next month to purchase one. £70 off the price keeps me happy

RossD89

Resales don't count towards a company's sales...

no but someone buying 20 they normally wouldn't will, selling 1000's to scalpers in the first week looks better than selling the same amount over a month or so
    Edited by: "StevenBrown" 13th Oct 2016

i wouldnt pay retail for one to be honest,

StevenBrown

no but someone buying 20 they normally wouldn't will, selling 1000's to … no but someone buying 20 they normally wouldn't will, selling 1000's to scalpers in the first week looks better than selling the same amount over a month or so

Aah, I get you now. And agreed.

It helps when limiting stock, too.

Banned

violentj

i wouldnt pay retail for one to be honest,

I already had my mind up made about VR but Jim Sterling's video really nailed it @ youtube.com/wat…ddA

It feels like 3DTVs all over again.

Why does it matter? if yiu want join in and sell one too. Like others have said it's supply and demand. Companies make profit, hell some companies don't even pay tax

Spasho

I already had my mind up made about VR but Jim Sterling's video really … I already had my mind up made about VR but Jim Sterling's video really nailed it @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_h6GYI8ddAIt feels like 3DTVs all over again.

bang on

Spasho

I already had my mind up made about VR but Jim Sterling's video really … I already had my mind up made about VR but Jim Sterling's video really nailed it @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_h6GYI8ddAIt feels like 3DTVs all over again.

Yeah the always cynical everythings rubbish Jim Sterling..

I would suggest actually using one in depth before you comment, seems everyone else is giving it high praise.

RossD89

£480 is the most I could find

ebay.co.uk/itm…143?hash=item1eb86c2d6f:g:wooAAOSwawpXtl12

Unless you have money to burn you'd be an idiot to buy one even at retail. If there was ever a release price that was destined to fall rapidly, it's this one. I'd be willing to bet that this time next year you could pick one up for under £200.

dansax

Unless you have money to burn you'd be an idiot to buy one even at … Unless you have money to burn you'd be an idiot to buy one even at retail. If there was ever a release price that was destined to fall rapidly, it's this one. I'd be willing to bet that this time next year you could pick one up for under £200.

There are always early adopters, without them you wouldnt get to see how it plays out, its bit wrong to call them idiots.
    Personally I wouldnt of bought one for 12 months I would like to see it play out, but my kids were pretty adamant about having one for Christmas, and who am I to tell kids they should wait.

but after trying it, its something very very new and very very different, its whole n ew experince, its not just 3D its totally immersive, the scale of everything is just amazing.. being a kid of 80's its like seeing my school yard gaming banter and predictions come into fruition. the reality is £350.00 isn't a lot of money in the grander scheme of things, and and Samsung Galaxy 7 and VR headset comes in at about £600.00

haritori

Personally I wouldnt of bought one for 12 months I would like to see it … Personally I wouldnt of bought one for 12 months I would like to see it play out, but my kids were pretty adamant about having one for Christmas, and who am I to tell kids they should wait.

Their father?

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Their father?

Their father or not, they are good kids they can have whatever they want for Christmas.

Would you of listened to your dad as a kid when he said,

"now Son listen, I know you want this 'wonderful magical amazing new popular product' for christmas, but... why dont we give it 12 months and see how it goes"

haritori

Their father or not, they are good kids they can have whatever they want … Their father or not, they are good kids they can have whatever they want for Christmas. Would you of listened to your dad as a kid when he said,"now Son listen, I know you want this 'wonderful magical amazing new popular product' for christmas, but... why dont we give it 12 months and see how it goes"

Yes,because he was my father and I respected him.

Actually I remember having to save up for my mega drive. It's a good life lesson.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Yes,because he was my father and I respected him.Actually I remember … Yes,because he was my father and I respected him.Actually I remember having to save up for my mega drive. It's a good life lesson.

I hope he wasn;t one of those rubbish dads who uses it himself before Christmas, under the pretense of 'testing it'

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Yes,because he was my father and I respected him.Actually I remember … Yes,because he was my father and I respected him.Actually I remember having to save up for my mega drive. It's a good life lesson.

OK well we are different people, my kids earn £10.00 a week each through chores and respect to myself and mum as well as at school, and in fairness I buy them very very little throughout the year, other than necessities like clothing etc, but also in fairness they ask for very little, I may treat them every 3-4 months to a new game, but they usually spend their own money on Steam, or I like to take them out to the cinema once a month watch teh new superhero films or star wars etc, or like Last night we went to St Michaelmas Fair I mentioned in your community spirit thread, where I treated them to a couple of rides and games, a burger and some candy floss.

The £10.00 they get they usually save up and buy what they want as they want, in fact my middle boy has about £200.00 saved up right now, because he wants a new iPad. my eldest is a bit more frivolous with it, but when its gone its gone they understand that.

But Birthdays they get a decent present, but Christmas I have no rules on what they can ask for, obviously if its £1000 then they get a no but they wouldnt ever ask for something like that, but the VR headset is between them and they will get some other bits, but they completely understand the value of money, and they completely respect myself and mum, just because I want to let them have what they want for christmas does not mean I am spoiling them to the point that they are disrespectful and ungrateful,

But I'm under no illusions I give them far more than I had as a kid and sometimes spoil them to make up for my shortcomings at their age, but also so what.. if thats the worst I do.

deeky

I hope he wasn;t one of those rubbish dads who uses it himself before … I hope he wasn;t one of those rubbish dads who uses it himself before Christmas, under the pretense of 'testing it'

I had one go! honest lol, and now i'm itching to get it back out, but I wont..

haritori

But I'm under no illusions I give them far more than I had as a kid and … But I'm under no illusions I give them far more than I had as a kid and sometimes spoil them to make up for my shortcomings at their age, but also so what.. if thats the worst I do.

I was spoiled as a kid. We didn't have much money but I can't ever remember not getting what I wanted for Christmas and birthdays. It didn't do me any harm as far as I know

deeky

I was spoiled as a kid. We didn't have much money but I can't ever … I was spoiled as a kid. We didn't have much money but I can't ever remember not getting what I wanted for Christmas and birthdays. It didn't do me any harm as far as I know

Deeky it made you a more popular and far sexier person than you can ever imagine

haritori

Deeky it made you a more popular and far sexier person than you can ever … Deeky it made you a more popular and far sexier person than you can ever imagine

Possibly. Tbh though, I'm not sure how much of that was just in my genes

Plenty of things in the world I find sickening, but the resale price of a gadget isn't one of them, that I would chuck into the a very minor first world problem category.

haritori

There are always early adopters, without them you wouldnt get to see how … There are always early adopters, without them you wouldnt get to see how it plays out, its bit wrong to call them idiots.Personally I wouldnt of bought one for 12 months I would like to see it play out, but my kids were pretty adamant about having one for Christmas, and who am I to tell kids they should wait.but after trying it, its something very very new and very very different, its whole n ew experince, its not just 3D its totally immersive, the scale of everything is just amazing.. being a kid of 80's its like seeing my school yard gaming banter and predictions come into fruition. the reality is £350.00 isn't a lot of money in the grander scheme of things, and and Samsung Galaxy 7 and VR headset comes in at about £600.00

Perhaps the "with money to burn" bit was a bit of an exaggeration. The point I was making is that if you have £350 spare and the kids all want one, great. You may not have money to burn but you clearly have enough to make statements like "£350 isn't a lot of money in the grander scheme of things" so clearly you're in a bracket where you can overpay without it being a particularly big deal. It isn't exactly a fortune to me either, but that's beside the point.

On the other hand, if you're on a budget and spend £350 on a release PSVR with mostly overpriced tech demos to play, you're an idiot. Point stands.

dansax

Perhaps the "with money to burn" bit was a bit of an exaggeration. The … Perhaps the "with money to burn" bit was a bit of an exaggeration. The point I was making is that if you have £350 spare and the kids all want one, great. You may not have money to burn but you clearly have enough to make statements like "£350 isn't a lot of money in the grander scheme of things" so clearly you're in a bracket where you can overpay without it being a particularly big deal. It isn't exactly a fortune to me either, but that's beside the point.On the other hand, if you're on a budget and spend £350 on a release PSVR with mostly overpriced tech demos to play, you're an idiot. Point stands.

I think £350.00 is alot of money, please dont think im dismissing the value here, I mean in context to someone buying something as new tech, look at Rift & Vive?

But still not idiots, and yes maybe more disposable than other people.

haritori

I think £350.00 is alot of money, please dont think im dismissing the … I think £350.00 is alot of money, please dont think im dismissing the value here, I mean in context to someone buying something as new tech, look at Rift & Vive?But still not idiots, and yes maybe more disposable than other people.

You don't have to justify spending your money. At the end of the day it's your money and they are your kids.

If you can justify the costs then all good.

deeky

Possibly. Tbh though, I'm not sure how much of that was just in my genes … Possibly. Tbh though, I'm not sure how much of that was just in my genes

Yeah ok Deeky, we get it. You have a massive winkle. No need to keep bragging about it and making the rest of us feel bad.

haritori

I think £350.00 is alot of money, please dont think im dismissing the … I think £350.00 is alot of money, please dont think im dismissing the value here, I mean in context to someone buying something as new tech, look at Rift & Vive?But still not idiots, and yes maybe more disposable than other people.

A BMW isn't a lot of money compared to a £200k Ferrari. That statement doesn't devalue the BMW in any way.

We're firmly in the realms of luxury purchases here. Most people can't afford it at all. Of the few who can, most of those have to allocate part of a budget towards it. If you're in that category of people it's an unwise purchase, that's just how I see it. Looking at precedent, every time a manufacturer such as Sony or Microsoft bring out something that's an expensive luxury, it usually drops in price dramatically.

Especially in this instance, the PSVR is Sony's trump card against Microsoft in the coming 1-2 years. It's their gimmick. If it doesn't sell particularly brilliantly (it won't) then they'll drop the price quite quickly. The latest word from Sony is that it's sold "many hundreds of thousands." That's **** all. Even if they sell a million of them before Christmas that's still only about 5% of PS4 owners. If they want mass appeal, £350 is just far far too much after an initial outlay for the console itself. It's obviously going to happen, so if you're on a budget just don't buy it on release. It'd be a mistake.

dansax

A BMW isn't a lot of money compared to a £200k Ferrari. That statement … A BMW isn't a lot of money compared to a £200k Ferrari. That statement doesn't devalue the BMW in any way.We're firmly in the realms of luxury purchases here. Most people can't afford it at all. Of the few who can, most of those have to allocate part of a budget towards it. If you're in that category of people it's an unwise purchase, that's just how I see it. Looking at precedent, every time a manufacturer such as Sony or Microsoft bring out something that's an expensive luxury, it usually drops in price dramatically. Especially in this instance, the PSVR is Sony's trump card against Microsoft in the coming 1-2 years. It's their gimmick. If it doesn't sell particularly brilliantly (it won't) then they'll drop the price quite quickly. The latest word from Sony is that it's sold "many hundreds of thousands." That's **** all. Even if they sell a million of them before Christmas that's still only about 5% of PS4 owners. If they want mass appeal, £350 is just far far too much after an initial outlay for the console itself. It's obviously going to happen, so if you're on a budget just don't buy it on release. It'd be a mistake.

In your opinion, but it doesnt make people idiots.

dansax

Perhaps the "with money to burn" bit was a bit of an exaggeration. The … Perhaps the "with money to burn" bit was a bit of an exaggeration. The point I was making is that if you have £350 spare and the kids all want one, great. You may not have money to burn but you clearly have enough to make statements like "£350 isn't a lot of money in the grander scheme of things" so clearly you're in a bracket where you can overpay without it being a particularly big deal. It isn't exactly a fortune to me either, but that's beside the point.On the other hand, if you're on a budget and spend £350 on a release PSVR with mostly overpriced tech demos to play, you're an idiot. Point stands.

PSVR was pre-orderable 7 months ago. There was plenty of time to budget for it. In fact if you didn't pre-order it you would struggle to get one, hence this thread. It's not all about throwing cash around.

'Tech demo' as just become the default parroted phrase by people with no joy left in them trying to dismiss innovative games.

Anyone would think we were short of descriptive words in the English language, honestly. It's getting so dull.

what are cex paying instore ooi?

dansax

Unless you have money to burn you'd be an idiot to buy one even at … Unless you have money to burn you'd be an idiot to buy one even at retail. If there was ever a release price that was destined to fall rapidly, it's this one. I'd be willing to bet that this time next year you could pick one up for under £200.

In that case, I'm holding off until this time 2018 so I can laugh at those who paid close to £200
    Edited by: "jaybizzle" 15th Oct 2016

cod619. If you get a notification for this you need to enable private messages. You sent me a pm re: a playstation move controller but i can't reply to you (_;)

the porter

what are cex paying instore ooi?

£390

deeky

I hope he wasn;t one of those rubbish dads who uses it himself before … I hope he wasn;t one of those rubbish dads who uses it himself before Christmas, under the pretense of 'testing it'

When we got our first megadrive for xmas my old man was awesome at Sonic ... took me a while to figure out how was so good when Santa had only just delivered it to us 2 days ago! oO

arcangel111

When we got our first megadrive for xmas my old man was awesome at Sonic … When we got our first megadrive for xmas my old man was awesome at Sonic ... took me a while to figure out how was so good when Santa had only just delivered it to us 2 days ago! oO

Love it lol.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game72844189
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …268916
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764562
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1231

See more discussions