PS1 emulator on a softmodded xbox

Found 6th Sep 2008
can you do this, if so what other emulators can you get, i allready got a snes, n64 and bga one but what can the xbox handle?
also were does everyone get the games from to play on the emulators, cant seem to find decent sites

13 Comments

I'll pm you a link now

[url]www.console-modder.co.uk/emulators.html[/url]..... link to the emulators that i kn ow of

Google for PCSXBox

Theres plenty about as i've got:
Amiga Emulator + Games
Big Ass Emulator Disc + Games
MAME (multiple arcade machine emulator) Emulator + Games
Nintendo 64 Emulator + Games
Nintendo Emulator + Games
Super Nintendo Emulator + Games

So they are some to keep an eye open for, Ive not grabbed any new ones for around two years either so theres bound to be heaps more

You can always download AID (Auto installer deluxe) it's an ISO burn that to a DVD and it will have a menu option for install emulators tat will then install every emulator going automatically

You can add Roms to the ISO before you burn it and it will also automatically install them

Original Poster

cheers, you think it will be able to play like ps2 or anything, psp maybe?

Cluffy321;2905192

I sincerely doubt that mate, be nice if you could. There was a hoax on the net a while ago i seem to recall about playing ps2 games on the xbox:x

Cluffy321;2905192

Not PS2, possibly PSP as the xbox is powerful enough, game quality would be s**t though, i've never heard of a finished emulator anyway

RedIron;2905219

Not PS2, possibly PSP as the xbox is powerful enough, game quality would … Not PS2, possibly PSP as the xbox is powerful enough, game quality would be s**t though, i've never heard of a finished emulator anyway

RI.. as you have a lot of time, create one would make happy :-D

Original Poster

ok kwl, ill look into ps1 games a bit more, i cant wait to play final fantasy 7 and 9 on my xbox

Original Poster

when you download roms, do you justhave to put em on the xbox and they should play as long as you have the correct emulator?

faevilangel;2905224

RI.. as you have a lot of time, create one would make happy :-D

lol I wish I had that much time on my hands, I don't have the knowledge to do it either, i'd rather just put a PS2 mobo inside an xbox lol

I was actually thinking of fitting my Xbox into a DVD player case, I was going to hard mod it though so I can have an LCD screen

Absolutely no need for me to do it, perhaps I do have too much time on my hands :whistling:

Cluffy321;2905233

when you download roms, do you justhave to put em on the xbox and they … when you download roms, do you justhave to put em on the xbox and they should play as long as you have the correct emulator?

Yes as long as you put them in the games folder for the relevant emulator

I've always wondered if you could emulate it in Linux (XDSL/XEBIAN ETC) although I'm guessing it would either not work or run at 0.000001fps? (PS2 Emulator)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ending: 03/12 - A giveaway for a £175 Freedom To Exist Watch12
    2. Quidco Snow me the money Competition831093
    3. Win Longines Ladies Watch worth £117033
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 46 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515

See more discussions