£10,000 fines for organisers of illegal raves from Friday

Top comments
Should have been done months ago as raves are a major way to spread Covid19 costing lives and damaging the economy and are used to sell drugs.
Laws with a history of non enforcement will continue to be ignored. We need enforcement the way Spain, France, etc have done. And even public shaming, if required.
That’s typical of the government realise there’s a problem then wait a week or so to implement any types of rules against the issue
22 Comments
Should have been done months ago as raves are a major way to spread Covid19 costing lives and damaging the economy and are used to sell drugs.
A park near me has had raves / big gatherings for ages.

No bbq or amplified warnings ignored along with rules on group numbers sidetracked. (Obviously don't apply to them, though many are more at risk due to ethnicity)
Edited by: "ChuckTheDuck" 23rd Aug
ChuckTheDuck23/08/2020 01:34

A park near me has had raves / big gatherings for ages.No bbq or amplified …A park near me has had raves / big gatherings for ages.No bbq or amplified warnings ignored along with rules on group numbers sidetracked. (Obviously don't apply to them, though many are more at risk due to ethnicity)

Ethnicity isn't the risk factor, obesity is. But its not pc to say that.

spectator.co.uk/art…fat
Waste of time, I say this due to the fact that as of this week only 9 people have been fined in England, and or the UK so far for not adhering to the restrictions placed by this pandemic, as announced on GMTV by Dr Hillary.
Edited by: "hubcms" 23rd Aug
Laws with a history of non enforcement will continue to be ignored. We need enforcement the way Spain, France, etc have done. And even public shaming, if required.
chocci23/08/2020 06:03

Ethnicity isn't the risk factor, obesity is. But its not pc to say that. …Ethnicity isn't the risk factor, obesity is. But its not pc to say that. https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-crucial-variable-with-covid-19-isn-t-ethnicity-it-s-fat

I don’t think the ethnicity issue is as cut and dried as that.
Such a large number may put people off
ChuckTheDuck23/08/2020 01:34

A park near me has had raves / big gatherings for ages.No bbq or amplified …A park near me has had raves / big gatherings for ages.No bbq or amplified warnings ignored along with rules on group numbers sidetracked. (Obviously don't apply to them, though many are more at risk due to ethnicity)

Is that all you spotted, ethnic people? You get the odd ones ruining it for everyone else and that includes all colour of people

Ethnicity isn't the risk factor, obesity is. But its not pc to say that. …Ethnicity isn't the risk factor, obesity is. But its not pc to say that. https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-crucial-variable-with-covid-19-isn-t-ethnicity-it-s-fat

Yup insulin resistantance is the main danger of Covid.. so technically raves are good as those kids are dancing for 12 hours... awesome way to protect yourself from Covid
That’s typical of the government realise there’s a problem then wait a week or so to implement any types of rules against the issue
landros123/08/2020 01:09

Should have been done months ago as raves are a major way to spread …Should have been done months ago as raves are a major way to spread Covid19 costing lives and damaging the economy and are used to sell drugs.

Not to mention the absolute waste left behind, including "drug paraphernalia" and human faeces. There was one near where I live weeks ago. Police were hopeless, took 14 hours for them to stop it, and then they didn't as they claimed, it had done so by itself. No arrests.

Vit ‘D’ is an issue due to slower absorption. (And less sunlight in UK)

Less of an issue in hot sunny countries with more lengthy exposure to sunlight.
ChuckTheDuck23/08/2020 11:06

Vit ‘D’ is an issue due to slower absorption. (And less sunlight in UK) Les …Vit ‘D’ is an issue due to slower absorption. (And less sunlight in UK) Less of an issue in hot sunny countries with more lengthy exposure to sunlight.

But it was really sunny at the start of lockdown.. like really sunny.. and lots of people died

Now it’s over cast and no ones dieing..

And places like Brazil and Italy are sunny..
Thank heavens I arranged my rave for Thursday
zworld23/08/2020 11:49

Comment deleted

Far too many worry about being politically correct rather than doing the right thing.
bozo00723/08/2020 15:32

Far too many worry about being politically correct rather than doing the …Far too many worry about being politically correct rather than doing the right thing.

What's the right thing?
This won’t do crap - they will have years to pay back if in benefits
In practical terms all this means is that we're about to get deluged with crap remixes of The Prodigy's "Their Law".
So whats the difference between this and a protest?
niconelove24/08/2020 15:30

So whats the difference between this and a protest?

At a rave people are honest with themselves that they're just there for entertainment.
We had one these in the neighbourhood a couple of weeks back. They even had bouncers controlling the flow in/out of the Airbnb property used to host it.
Following day, ganja roaches, bottles, laughing gas canisters all strewn on the pavement,

Wish the owner and the organiser got entangled with this new penalty amount.
Still, the crowds trashed the guy's house, so that'll probably cost him a couple of grand to fix.
Post a comment
@
    Text