Groups

ps2 memory

could someone please inform me if the unofficial ps2 cards are ok, was going to get a 64mb, but was put off by a couple of bad reviews saying it couldn't save certain games, thanks in advance.

5 Comments

Not sure if its the same for all unofficial games but with mine you had to first insert a disk and load a program before each game, was a hassle, but fine as a second card just to backup older saves

Coldape;3279297

Not sure if its the same for all unofficial games but with mine you had … Not sure if its the same for all unofficial games but with mine you had to first insert a disk and load a program before each game, was a hassle, but fine as a second card just to backup older saves

Thats for VERY old cards say over 4 years old, since the slim ps2 was released they changed them so you dont need a boot disc.

Anyway yes some games dont let you save but this is a tiny amount of games and even then just use a cheap official one and its fine

Also the bigger the card the more likely it is to be ****/lose data

Id recommend a 16 meg card or less.

I have a 64mb one that I use in my Phat PS2.
    I use it exactly as I do my official 8mb one.

I haven't encountered any problems with it, but I don't play it a lot anymore.

same, ive had mine for years, bought it from argos.

you just use them as any other memory card, the only difference though is that it is half the pric but double the memory.

Original Poster

thanks for your help think I'll chance it with the 64mb one
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767478
      2. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1728
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047193
      4. Help - cannot work out how to advanced search anymore11

See more discussions