2. Movie
12 Comments

probably needs new laser

Banned

starsparkle2311;5960069

The laser probably needs a good clean

:thumbsup::thumbsup::santa::gift:

Is it happening to all the games?
When mine does this I 'hurrrr' on the disc and give it a brush against my sleeve. Sometimes sorts it out.

Original Poster

worried you might say that i know it sounds stupid but will i have to open it up?

Original Poster

disks r ok cause daughter plays them on her ps2 which is making the problem bigger ds cant understand why his is broke and his sisters isnt :whistling:

easilyconfused;5960270

worried you might say that i know it sounds stupid but will i have to … worried you might say that i know it sounds stupid but will i have to open it up?

To clean the laser, you can use a cleaning disc which you just put inside the PS2 and play it.
but i think the best choice is to either get a new PS2 or buy a new laser and replace it, but its best to leave that to a professional as open lasers are very dangerous and could blind you.
i went throught 5 PS2s due to this problem and had to buy new ones each time

I sympathise as mine is due to go senile any day now. But these days they are quite cheap especially for a pre-owned one in Game.

Original Poster

Chocadooby;5960353

I sympathise as mine is due to go senile any day now. But these days they … I sympathise as mine is due to go senile any day now. But these days they are quite cheap especially for a pre-owned one in Game.

went out to buy him a cable for his ps1 and the bloke wanted £4 then saw the ps2 with cables for £8 so thought might aswell give it a go now son dont want his ps1 arghhh

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;5960517

£8? WOW

yep so its a bonus if i can fix it and if i cant avnt lost much plus want to show hubby girls can fix things too lol

I picked up a preowned PS2 ages ago which was allegedly faulty due to the laser. I took it to bits and gave the laser a good clean with a cotton bud, worked fine for a couple of years afterwards.

If it's horizontal try standing it vertically - made both mine and OHs start working again.

Original Poster

thanks everyone reps been added just needed a lens clean so got a real bargain :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. £300 for a XZ1 Compact Worth Keeping or return11
    2. 241 cinema code - how to ask?22
    3. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch11
    4. Credit Card Debt Question...66

See more discussions