PS2 Resolution & Free McBoot

Found 28th Mar
Hi, I have a PS2 hooked up to a HDTV via component cable.

With some games, the screen keeps going blue before and after a cut scene in games, and it comes up on screen the resolution. Why won't it just play the whole thing in the same resolution instead of doing this?

Also, I heard Free McBoot and boost resolution in games. Is it a big difference or not really worth it?

Thanks
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
3 Comments
The issue only affects LCD and you wouldn't see the issue on a CRT. I would say that the cut scenes are mpeg2 and the video is rendered in a different format. This is common on most systems and games. The PS2 is just better on a CRT unless you're emulating it and upscaling with filters.
Original Poster
kester7612 h, 45 m ago

The issue only affects LCD and you wouldn't see the issue on a CRT. I …The issue only affects LCD and you wouldn't see the issue on a CRT. I would say that the cut scenes are mpeg2 and the video is rendered in a different format. This is common on most systems and games. The PS2 is just better on a CRT unless you're emulating it and upscaling with filters.

So there's nothing I can do about it?
superfreddy1 h, 22 m ago

So there's nothing I can do about it?

I don't think so except buy a crt. The LCD is converting an analogue signal and scaling it to the panel, if that signal changes format then it switches to the new format. On a CRT it would just switch automatically and seem seamless. On my old multisync it would make a chunking noise as relays switched and the raster would collapse before resizing to the new mode. Damned annoying and I'm glad it doesn't happen much anymore. Modern machines will just scale the video to a video format so there's no need to swap video resolutions when displaying different video dimensions.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants