PS2 Screen cut off on HDTV

Found 24th Mar
Hi, I'm connecting my PS2 to a HDTV via component, but the main menu on the PS2 browser is off centre. The system mention is for some reason not displaying in the middle of the screen which means the bottom of the menu is cut off.

Any ideas why this happens? Thanks
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
3 Comments
Does the TV have a zoom/ratio button ?
Original Poster
kester761 h, 5 m ago

Does the TV have a zoom/ratio button ?

Yeah tried that, no luck
superfreddy1 h, 40 m ago

Yeah tried that, no luck

Must be an issue with the set as most TVs have an option to fit to screen. Looking online it looks like this issue effects Svideo and composite. I guess the PS2 was a bit ropey with the specs for a lot of TVs.

Ripped from wiki

The PlayStation 2 may natively output video resolutions on SDTV and HDTV from 480i to 480p while other games, such as Gran Turismo 4 and Tourist Trophy are known to support up-scaled 1080i resolution[35] using any of the following standards: composite video (480i), S-Video (480i), RGB (480i/p), VGA (for progressive scan games and PS2 Linux only), YPBPR component video (which display most original PlayStation games in their native 240p mode which most HDTV sets do not support), and D-Terminal. Cables are available for all of these signal types; these cables also output analog stereo audio. Additionally, an RF modulator is available for the system to connect to older TVs.

I would check if anyone else has had an issue with your TV and a PS2. Test your TV with composite to see if the issue resolves.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants